From a G3 to an S6 Edge???

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
In truth, I doubt I'll buy an S6 or a G4, or any other of this year's phones. The improvements just aren't going to be that significant to daily use. The S7 and G5, and will be bigger jumps.

I agree. Skipping every flagship model seems to be the best option. Unless you have money to burn and a tech addiction. ;)

And how do you know the G4 will have a removable battery and SD slot?

A very good question! As we've seen from past experiences, phone manufacturers make changes all the time, with no apparent reason or explanation.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't quite understand why some people upgrade their phones every year and if you do upgrade, why not wait till half of the price has dropped? That mean like you would have to wait around half an year which is not that long time eh..

It's an addiction. You say things like, "Well if I sell my old phone, I can buy a new phone for the difference" to justify your purchase. Like I said, I went through 5 phones last year looking for that perfect phone. I found it, but it turned out to be 3 phones prior.

I started out last year on the Razr Maxx HD and it was really slow, laggy, and over-all not very responsive. I could have ROMed it and probably would have sped up, but I decided to go on a new phone hunt. As soon as the G3 starts lagging, I'll no doubt go on another cellphone hunt. I hate laggyness.

lassemk

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
It's an addiction. You say things like, "Well if I sell my old phone, I can buy a new phone for the difference" to justify your purchase. Like I said, I went through 5 phones last year looking for that perfect phone. I found it, but it turned out to be 3 phones prior.

I started out last year on the Razr Maxx HD and it was really slow, laggy, and over-all not very responsive. I could have ROMed it and probably would have sped up, but I decided to go on a new phone hunt. As soon as the G3 starts lagging, I'll no doubt go on another cellphone hunt. I hate laggyness.

You got a point, however in my opinion it's pointless to change phone every one year, no matter do you like it or not, I personally hate G3 battery life and I should have gone with another phone but I just decided to use this for the next 2-3 years until this start to be about dead.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
You got a point, however in my opinion it's pointless to change phone every one year, no matter do you like it or not, I personally hate G3 battery life and I should have gone with another phone but I just decided to use this for the next 2-3 years until this start to be about dead.

What do you do with your phone that results in bad battery life for your use if I may ask? Are you a moderate or heavy user? Do you use social media apps? Could it be possible that you have some rogue app thats draining your device? Battery life on the G3 isn't spectacular but its also not that bad. Standby time on the G3 is very good though!!

lassemk

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
What do you do with your phone that results in bad battery life for your use if I may ask? Are you a moderate or heavy user? Do you use social media apps? Could it be possible that you have some rogue app thats draining your device? Battery life on the G3 isn't spectacular but its also not that bad. Standby time on the G3 is very good though!!

Standby time is one of the best comparing to the other phones, it barely use any juice when you don't use it but what comes to my usage, it's social media such as FB, instagram and whatsapp. I also browse a lot of internet and sometimes listen spotify. I used to have LG G2 and it had twice better screen on time, I liked the phone but it got broken somehow and I was able to return it for free as the problem was not caused by myself. At the very moment G3 was on sale so I decided to change to this one. The max SOT what I have got is 4.5 hours, Galaxy S5 have around 6 hours and xperia Z2 8 hours. It's the 2K screen which is definitely taking most of the juice. At the end of the day my phone is pretty much drained so I decided to order a extended battery and see how that is going to work out.

It's going to be funny to see how new 2015 flagship phones is going to survive on battery tests, most of them is going to have 2K screen and G4 probably 3K screen, I think that G3 screen is poorly designed or the phone itself does not have that good power saving measures.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Standby time is one of the best comparing to the other phones, it barely use any juice when you don't use it but what comes to my usage, it's social media such as FB, instagram and whatsapp. I also browse a lot of internet and sometimes listen spotify. I used to have LG G2 and it had twice better screen on time, I liked the phone but it got broken somehow and I was able to return it for free as the problem was not caused by myself. At the very moment G3 was on sale so I decided to change to this one. The max SOT what I have got is 4.5 hours, Galaxy S5 have around 6 hours and xperia Z2 8 hours. It's the 2K screen which is definitely taking most of the juice. At the end of the day my phone is pretty much drained so I decided to order a extended battery and see how that is going to work out.

It's going to be funny to see how new 2015 flagship phones is going to survive on battery tests, most of them is going to have 2K screen and G4 probably 3K screen, I think that G3 screen is poorly designed or the phone itself does not have that good power saving measures.

I've been reading a lot lately of people having issues of battery draining because of FB after Lollipop so look into that. I don't use any social media apps (I know, crazy!! lol) but when my brother and sister text attack me, it tends to drain my battery considerably quick otherwise I get a full days usage most of the time. Hope you get your issues resolved!

lassemk

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I've been reading a lot lately of people having issues of battery draining because of FB after Lollipop so look into that. I don't use any social media apps (I know, crazy!! lol) but when my brother and sister text attack me, it tends to drain my battery considerably quick otherwise I get a full days usage most of the time. Hope you get your issues resolved!

I have actually greenified facebook. Non-root version does not have so much capabilities but at least it's not draining the battery. I think this thread is anyway wrong place to talk about this subject.

Back to the OP, I like the new design of the galaxy S6, I personally feel the normal version look better than the edge one. It's also positive that they got over with the plastic design which never looked good. If you are seriously considering edge, I recommend to wait a couple of months and see if it drops the price with couple hundred.

lesleybey

Banned
Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
If you're phone still serves its purpose then just stay with it. Don't get too enamored by what you see or heard. I tell you, it would only be a pain in the pocket but if you really,really, really wanted to upgrade, money wise, wait for couple of months to see if the price drops and then go for it.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Why is it pointless? I like new technology. Sometimes you get an incremental update annually, sometimes it's a big improvement, either way you're getting a better device. Waiting 2 or (gasp) 3 years, that's an eternity at the rate at which technology is advancing.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Why is it pointless? I like new technology. Sometimes you get an incremental update annually, sometimes it's a big improvement, either way you're getting a better device. Waiting 2 or (gasp) 3 years, that's an eternity at the rate at which technology is advancing.

Have to agree. Even one year can be a challenge sometimes.

📱6+🐜

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Love G3 and not really looking for anything. But S6 Edge doesn't come with MicroSD slot so S6 isn't on my short list of future devices to be considered. Like others looking forward to seeing what G4 brings.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I agree. Skipping every flagship model seems to be the best option. Unless you have money to burn and a tech addiction. ;)

I don't, but everyone has a hobby or addiction. Why buy a Corvette when a Honda Civic will get you where you want to go? For that matter, why buy a $600 phone when a $200 phone really does the same thing? We all have our priorities.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't, but everyone has a hobby or addiction. Why buy a Corvette when a Honda Civic will get you where you want to go? For that matter, why buy a $600 phone when a $200 phone really does the same thing? We all have our priorities.
True, but a $600 phone for two years isn't terribly expensive. That's only $25/month. Now, buying a $600 phone every 8 months like some people around here, that can get crazy. Although you can get some back with resale value if you know how to sell it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
True, but a $600 phone for two years isn't terribly expensive. That's only $25/month. Now, buying a $600 phone every 8 months like some people around here, that can get crazy. Although you can get some back with resale value if you know how to sell it.
Its all relative. What is expensive to one may be pocket change or a budgeted hobby to another. Some buy expensive shoes, purses, watches, or even cars very regularly throughout the year.

from the Note Edge📱📏

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Its all relative. What is expensive to one may be pocket change or a budgeted hobby to another. Some buy expensive shoes, purses, watches, or even cars very regularly throughout the year.

from the Note Edge������✒������

I'm terrible with cars. I go through them in 2-3 years. I'd lease, but I drive 100+ miles per day 5 days a week, so leasing out for me. Once I get to 50 or 60k, usually in 2 years, I start looking for a new car.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm terrible with cars. I go through them in 2-3 years. I'd lease, but I drive 100+ miles per day 5 days a week, so leasing out for me. Once I get to 50 or 60k, usually in 2 years, I start looking for a new car.
... and I bet that's kinda fun too isn't it?

♻from the Note III📳

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz