I'm on Verizon and have Xfinity as my cable provider. My Wi-Fi is great on laptops, gaming consoles, streaming devices, etc. but is horrible on my LG G3. Speed tests via my phone though will say otherwise stating my download speeds are 60Mbps while uploads are hitting 10Mbps or higher.

It takes posts on Facebook a minute or longer to load, notifications for emails, social media, and other apps severely lag (sometimes by hours) and then flood in all at once. It's very frustrating.

Has anyone else run in to this issue or have any suggestions on how to fix things? I've played around with all of the normal and advanced settings to no avail. Will rooting it help in anyway by making other options/settings available? Thanks in advance for the help.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-08-2015 12:25 PM
    And you're running 4.4.2 or later. I hit the same thing when I updated.

Use your computer (or you'll die of old age before you get this done) to go to your router. Check the encryption on the Wifi security. Change it to AES. (It's either TKIP or TKIP+AES.) Power the router down. Wait 30 seconds. Plug it back in.

If that doesn't fix it (it depends on the router - the good ones - Linksys, D-Link - don't cooperate with 4.4.4 and up, and the companies don't seem to care), buy a router that works. I ended up buying a Netgear N300 for $40. AES encryption. Works like a charm. Facebook videos are running by the time I scroll to them.

BTW, you're lucky. I never got a Facebook picture or video to load unless I loaded it on mobile data first. Then if I closed the app, went to wifi and ran the app, I was seeing a cached file, so it loaded quickly. But after over an hour of waiting for a video to load live, I gave up and went shopping.
    03-08-2015 12:38 PM
    I have a NETGEAR C3700 Modem/Router combo and the encryption is already set to AES. It's fairly new and I would hate to go buy a new one just for my phone to work properly.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-08-2015 12:49 PM
    For the hell of it I turned off encryption all together and left the connection open and it still didn't make any difference so I am ruling that out for the time being as a possibility.
    03-08-2015 02:14 PM
    Possible there's some interference that the LG G3 is more sensitive to than your other equipment is. To find the best setup I use WiFi Overview 360. An excellent tool, it's the best WiFi analyzer I've found. The free version is probably all you need but the Pro version is cheap. The Google Fiber guys use it to setup WiFi when doing installations.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=4pW9m_9g

Gve the 5GHz and 2.4 GHz bands a different SSID. When setting up the 5GHz band set the router to use a channel well over 100. Over 150 if there's a clear channel. Of course for both bands use channels with the least interference and best signal. If interference is the problem I doubt that the encryption matters, but you could try AES and WPA2 and see if I'm wrong.

Also, try turning off the 'Automatic' setting in WiFi settings and see if one band is noticeably better than the other. Of course, if interference doesn't muck up the results, 5GHz should be considerably faster, 2.4GHz should carry farther and penetrate walls better.

Oh yeah, I assume that the G3 WiFi works correctly when connected to other networks, yes?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    03-08-2015 02:46 PM
    Thanks crash. SSIDs always have had different names since the time I configured everything. As far as channels, I've had my 2.4GHz on 11 and 5GHz on 153 which are always the most open.

As for other networks, I have not really tried it out. If I am not at home I am at work and my work won't allow us to connect to their wireless unless we are on an approved device.
    Crashdamage likes this.
    03-08-2015 03:39 PM
    Seems you're way ahead of me. I'm outta ideas. I'm no network guru, I just know enough to keep from causing mayhem and injury. But the next thing I think I'd do is try the G3 on another network.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    03-08-2015 03:54 PM