Randomly won't vibrate for messages or haptic feedback?

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Recently I have noticed that my g3 will randomly stop vibrating on tap (haptic feedback) and also at other times stop vibrating when New messages come in. I have already confirmed settings are set correctly and that the vibrate power is turned all the way up. If I soft reset the phone it fixes it. I am assuming this is a software problem bc it can vibrAte so that's not hardware right? I have read that others have experienced it but not recently... I am not rooted and I am on a Verizon g3... Is there a way to fix this? I already hard reset the phone and it happened again...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. Restart the Device in Safe Mode LG G3 | Verizon Wireless

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. Restart the Device in Safe Mode LG G3 | Verizon Wireless

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Okay thank you! But the phone is able to vibrate, it does most of the time so that isn't a hardware problem right? Seems to have a problem with the communication to vibrate when messages come in, assuming that's software? Essentially I would like to confirm that it's not solely the device itself and that I don't need to get it replaced :/

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's why I suggested Safe Mode. If there's an app you installed that is intermittently causing this issue, the problem should still go away in Safe Mode.