Why won't my LG G3 charge or recognize USB?

viljami323

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Why my LG G3 wont charge or recognize USB

Why my LG G3 wont charge or recognize USB if i plug it in to my pc?

yes i can charge it, but i need to power off it and then plug charger and after that it will charge

but i wont charge if its tuned on

what is problem?

is it something with software? software bug?

I use Nokia charger.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure that the USB lead is in good condition and that the USB ports are clean and undamaged?

Posted via the Android Central App

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why my LG G3 wont charge or recognize USB

Have you tried using your LG cable? I remember my old razr maxx wouldn't be recognized by my computer unless I had the Motorola cable. It would charge, but transferring files between the 2 was out of the question. Also, make sure your usb cable is in good condition and the port on your phone is clean and free of dust and debris.

Posted via the Android Central App

viljami323

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I dont have orginal lg G3 USB cable where i can get one?
Reason why i need working usb is
I want Dowgrade to android 4.4 and root it

Genuine LG EU Travel Charger Adapter G3 G2 Nexus 5 G Pro2 USB Cable Original | eBay
So guys do you think this will fix problem

Well it works on my lenovo A806

and also!
Phone won't charge or recognize USB connection unless battery removed
The only thing that gets it to charge is if I remove the battery, connect the charger, insert the battery. After it runs on its charging fine.

any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

clandestine1234

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I am another LG G3 user with this identical problem suddenly. Phone worked fine for years, but now it shows no signs of recognizing when the usb has been plugged in to either the wall or to a computer. No charging, and no notifications etc. In order to charge, I must turn the phone off, then plug it in and wait for it to fully charge before turning back on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
anyone solved ?

Welcome to Android Central! In your PM to me, you said "My LG G3 doing nothing. no led no charge no turn on no reset nothing." If you've already tried a different charging cable/plug and left it plugged into a wall outlet overnight, then it's probably either a dead battery or a dead motherboard. Have you already tried replacing the battery?