Galaxy S5 to an LG3

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I can upgrade at the 1st of April, and I'm seriously considering going from an S5 to the LG3.

I've had the s2, 3 and 5, and just looking for a little change. I've been perfectly happy with all galaxy's but feel the need for a change, and the S6 doesn't appear it's going to do it for me. I know the LG4 will be released soon as well, so may wait and see what it has to offer.

Anybody on here go from an S5 to LG3? Or just any comments about what you like best about your LG3?

68bowtie

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I went from the s5 active to the g3. Reception for me was a little worse but everything else blew the s5 away. The battery between them was about the same but I love the bigger screen, knock on feature, love the flow of the phone. I just hated Samsung's touchwiz or whatever it is. The g3 is so much easier to set up and get around in. I don't think u would be disappointed.

brianrdy

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I went from the s5 to the g3. I like the 3gigs of ram, more onboard storage, bigger display, better remote control app for the IR blaster, better speaker, and better on contract price (at&t).

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
You would be kicking yourself if you didn't wait a little longer. Since you have an S5, you can afford to. It's still a nice phone.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If you absolutely can not wait, go with the G3, even at this point it's still one of the best phone you can get, plus you're most likely going to get a great price. I went to the G3 from a Note 3 and I've thoroughly enjoyed it

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You would be kicking yourself if you didn't wait a little longer. Since you have an S5, you can afford to. It's still a nice phone.

Wait for?? I can already tell you that I do not want anything to do with the S6. Initial observations aren't doing anything for me.

LG G4? That may be worth waiting for, but I'm afraid they are going to go to a sealed battery and no SD storage like the S6. Two things I would really like to keep.

Thought about the Note 4 as it seems to be a really good phone, but I really don't want to go that big, and the s pen would never get used.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you absolutely can not wait, go with the G3, even at this point it's still one of the best phone you can get, plus you're most likely going to get a great price. I went to the G3 from a Note 3 and I've thoroughly enjoyed it

Yes, I can get a great price on the G3, no doubt about that. Surprised you like the G3 over the Note 3, that says something. Note 3 is a heck of a device.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Wait for?? I can already tell you that I do not want anything to do with the S6. Initial observations aren't doing anything for me.

LG G4? That may be worth waiting for, but I'm afraid they are going to go to a sealed battery and no SD storage like the S6. Two things I would really like to keep.

Thought about the Note 4 as it seems to be a really good phone, but I really don't want to go that big, and the s pen would never get used.

LG has two flagships coming soon. I wouldn't be making a move until I knew what a least one was.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I can get a great price on the G3, no doubt about that. Surprised you like the G3 over the Note 3, that says something. Note 3 is a heck of a device.

I loved the note 3 at first, but after a while I had terrible reception issues, and battery life plummeted after the (kit kat, I think) update. Multiple factory resets did nothing to fix it. The G3 has been solid, damn near same size screen, fits better in the hand, and the LG UI is more enjoyable than touchwiz for me.

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I loved the note 3 at first, but after a while I had terrible reception issues, and battery life plummeted after the (kit kat, I think) update. Multiple factory resets did nothing to fix it. The G3 has been solid, damn near same size screen, fits better in the hand, and the LG UI is more enjoyable than touchwiz for me.

Funny you say that about the Note 3. I had the same issue with the original Note. I took an update, cant remember which one, and had the same issues.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You misread my original post. I currently have the S5, and have had for the past year.

The G3 is a great phone, I'd get it. So close to the G4 coming out though...

I checked out the Flex 2 today. I'm assuming the G4 will function pretty similar and that's quite alright with me.

ToddClark

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
i just went from the S4 to the G3 (got the G3 for $1 at Best Buy). I love this phone. WAY better than the S4, everything about it, and i thought the Sammy's were da bomb.