Mic Not working

hamillp

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I have researched this issue for quite some time and have not come up with a solution so I am hoping someone can help.

Recently, I have had people complain that they cannot hear me on calls when I use the handset or connect via bluetooth. The speakerphone option on the phone seems to work.

I have tried the following without success:

1. Blowing compressed air into the mics;
2. Downgrading the google search app;
3. Turning off the "ok google" auto detect feature;
4. Factory reset;

Anyone else having this issue? More importantly, anyone have a solution to this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a case with your phone? Maybe that's interfering (even if the mic is uncovered, sometimes a wonky construction might cause issues with picking up sounds).

hamillp

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but I have tried making calls with the case removed and the back off as well with no luck. It seems to be some type of software glitch that others have indicated may relate to a recent google update but I don't know.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is the microphone working properly when you record audio using a voice recorder? What about for Video? Just trying to rule out hardware damage.

briguy-AC

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the microphone picks up the sound in video recording. In addition, google now processes voice commands.

I just upgraded to a SanDisk 128 gb sdxc card a few days ago. One of the side effects I've traced back to the card is that my microphone doesn't work on bluetooth for calls and using the microphone in the handset causes my voice to be muffled. It also makes the phone run hot. I'm going to exchange it for another card to see if it is specifically this card. I can put my 64 gb card back in and the issues go away.

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I to think its a software issue. I've found that when making or receiving a phone call you have to stay on the option you answered the phone. For example if you answered the phone on speaker phone then you try and go to the earpiece the phone "acts" up...people cant hear you. I also have and issue when receiving a call in the car (while phone is hooked to a wired aux jack playing music) and when call is finished the music resumes but plays only one the left side of my car. I have to unhook the aux jack and restart music to clear it up.

Posted via the Android Central App

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this problem but it goes away with WiFi calling. It seems to be a mobile network issue for me on T-Mobile in St. Louis. Could they be testing VoLTE or something and it's affecting the G3 specifically?

italiiano

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same exact problem with my LG G2 and went through 4 different phones. I've had my G3 for three months and this past week the same exact thing started happening. If I reboot the phone it works for one or two phone calls and then no one can hear me again. What's really weird is today I was on the phone with customer service and she could hear me fine. She called my phone to test it (not realizing I was calling from my phone already) and when I took that call she couldn't hear me. Just a muffled, far away sound. When we switched back to the original call she could hear me fine! Needless to say my second G3 is on its way. I think I'm going to sell it on ebay and switch to the Droid Turbo.

ryanandree

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why my microphone sometimes works when my headphone jack is plugged in--and sometimes it does not? To be more specific, I play music through my car stereo speakers using the headphone/aux jack. If someone calls, I can usually answer and talk to them without a problem. Sometimes, they cannot hear me. Furthermore, this is also connected to the speech to text recognition and "ok google" detection. Any solutions?

Thank you,
Ryan

buddha ghale

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Okay, I have researched this issue for quite some time and have not come up with a solution so I am hoping someone can help.

Recently, I have had people complain that they cannot hear me on calls when I use the handset or connect via bluetooth. The speakerphone option on the phone seems to work.

4. Factory reset;

Anyone else having this issue? More importantly, anyone have a solution to this?

I also had the same problems. And i tried cleaning off the audio jack holes.. As i cleaned the holes there was lot of dust inside the holes of which i cannot pin the jack completely inside the whole..so that i discovered this because as i cleaned the hole completely off the dust..with the toothpeak..i was able to insert the jack all the way in side the audio jack hole..and now my microphone and everything is working perfect..its not due to ok google or anything else..its because of the dust inside the hole.. So try cleaning the hole completely with the tooth peak or something else...that can actually get the dust off from the hole...

Hope this might help you because it helped me...

pb5525

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

4. Factory reset;

I have the same problem. It is a software issue. I had the last four phones, a LG flex, Samsung Galaxy 5, a Samsung Galaxy 6, and now a Huawei Sensa. All the same issue. I believe it is an app. I starting to think it is airdroid? Does anyone know what apps you installed before your mic went out?

Sahajan Khan

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
Reply date 12/04/17
hi everyone who is having the mic problem on lg g3 where the you can hear people when you are wearing headphones but the person you have called can not hear you, the way to fix this problem is to use original lg g3 headphones as this phone doesn't work with other headphones.

Tabilynn92

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
Ok so at some point after an update my "ok Google" stopped hearing me and the voice texting would stay at listeming as if I wasnt talking until it gave up and then at some point maybe simultaneously or not my microphone during calls started sounding to others like I was a robot or would not work at all for calls eventually. It tooke me a while to really be sure my Mic wasn't working in the AT&T phone calls with or without wificalling.
This whole time I have been assuming its likely caused by the Google assistant or somewhere in their software because I found that I could easily be herd in Hang outs app's Video Calls as well as Facebook messenger video calls. (Note that these are all in Speaker phone mode by default) By the time I figure these loopholes to use my device to talk, I also find that my Mic doesnt work for the voice recorder or for the stock video recording with my camera app.
At some point after disabling the Google assistant and turning off Ok Google detection etc. My microphone started working for phone calls on Speaker Phone ONLY,
I have done everything listed in this forum already. Yes all of it. I had factory reset the phone b4 I started disabling Google stuff and that made no change.
So after 2 software updates and 2 Google updates, the sprakerphone doesnt work anymore...
My LG g5
Useless. As a cell phone.
Also my phone has never indicated that it knows something is wrong or malfunctioning. Thwse has been no crashing of apps or error codes or auto printed feedback.
I have been dealing with tbua problem for 3 months...

ProudPrimate

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
My problem is very specific: I've been using this phone, an LG Stylo 3 Plus (superb phone) for a couple of years, and this same bluetooth earbuds with mic combo. It's always been working fine. Suddenly — I think it was an upgrade to the phone OS — the mic stopped working. I can hear them but they can't hear me. And here's the interesting thing — I have an app called Droid45, an emulator for the HP48, and a companion app, the Droid48 Reader, that can access the stack and stored data on the calc itself, and save them to the chip. Periodically it loses its memory, and opens with MEMORY CLEAR, and I have to reload them all, one at a time. But this time, the "Put program on stack" shell function was met with access to the device memory, but neither the SD card nor the SIM card. I emailed the author of the Reader app, and he said, the upgrade may have switched off the Permissions > Storage switch. Sure enough that was the fix I needed. Now up and running.

So I'm tempted to believe the same OS upgrade shut off my mic, because it works fine when recording audio dictation. It's only on the phone that it appears to be blocked. But I can't seem to find any permissions or switches that relate to bluetooth > privacy or any such like.

I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae