Sprint LG G3 stuck on boot "LG Life's Good" Screen

Chris Mania

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello there! New poster but frequent viewer. Today has been a rough day for me.

I was just hanging around the house, doing nothing special, when I noticed my Sprint LG G3 just randomly booting. It startled me at first but I thought nothing of it. I'll just wait a minute and it will be up and running.

Since then, it's been about an hour and I can not get this phone to boot up. I've tried holding the power button, power button + volume up, power button + volume down, and took the battery out and still nothing. I have not installed any custom mods or OS's either. Everything is factory default.

I can not figure out how to get this thing started and I am starting to freak out a little bit. Does anyone have any suggestions for a man in a dire situation? Thanks in advance.

-Chris

EDIT: Plugged it in the computer and it can not be recognized.

Last edited:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It being stuck at the boot screen like that sounds like a soft brick.

Try this:

With the Volume Down key held, press and hold the Power key. (This may take more than a few seconds.)

Release both keys when Recovery mode appears on the screen.

Chris Mania

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
It being stuck at the boot screen like that sounds like a soft brick.

Try this:

With the Volume Down key held, press and hold the Power key. (This may take more than a few seconds.)

Release both keys when Recovery mode appears on the screen.

It does boot into Recovery mode.

What option do you recommend trying first? I would like to avoid a factory reset but I guess it will have to be done as a last resort.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.... one of my biggest complaints about OEM software is their recovery tools... They are most often 'all or nothing' and your choices are factory reset, clear cache (which is non-destructive) or reboot.

I forget if the G3's recovery has a cache reset option... try that if available. It won't delete your data so it's worth a shot. Otherwise its factory blastin' time. Which wipes EVERYTHING... including anything you've downloaded, your pictures, etc... which is not necessary, but the stock recoveries all do.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Tried the cache wipe... nothing changed. Is there anyway I could back up the pictures, videos, and contacts on my phone before a reset?

I'm not sure if you can. :/ Google photo's should be backing up all of those, as well as Apps, App data and settings, WiFi passwords, even your background.

Chris Mania

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if you can. :/ Google photo's should be backing up all of those, as well as Apps, App data and settings, WiFi passwords, even your background.

Unfortunately I don't save my photos onto Google Drive. I was hoping there was a way to back up files from recovery mode?

Chris Mania

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Can you get into download mode? If so there may be hope.
How can I do that? Here are my options in recovery mode:
reboot system now
apply update from ADB
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
reboot to bootloader
power down
view revovery logs
apply update from sdcard

EDIT: Found a tut on youtube. Ill try it.

Chris Mania

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
It does boot into download mode. Is there a program I can download for the computer to recognize my device? Or should it happen automatically?

For whatever reason, LG PC Suite is not compatible with my phone (Model: LS990).

Last edited:

Chris Mania

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I have found the reason it does not recognize my device. My computer states "CDC Serial doesn't have a driver" and "LGE Android Phone doesn't have a driver." Been attempting to find these drivers with no luck.

Chris Mania

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I installed the LG Drivers, but it doesn't let me access the files in the phone. The phone is recognized at "LG AndroidNet Phone."

Just can not find a way for my computer to access the file directory on this phone.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sprint LG G3 stuck on boot "LG Life's Good" Screen

Edit: You might be able to pull files using ADB commands. I'm looking for a tutorial on how to do this..

Chris Mania

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

I was dreading downloading a recovery mod. I guess that is the only option.

Can I access ADB without one?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

I was dreading downloading a recovery mod. I guess that is the only option.

Can I access ADB without one?
If you have update from adb as an option, you can run adb commands from that. You need the adb drivers on your PC as well tho.

Chris Mania

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

If you have update from adb as an option, you can run adb commands from that. You need the adb drivers on your PC as well tho.
Good catch. Now I just need to find those drivers :confused:
I've only rooted a device once in my life so I'm a little rusty. Is there a reliable place to install those ADB drivers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox