I traded in my N5 for a G3 in November and while I've enjoyed the display, camera and battery, the overall lag is utterly killing the experience now. I have days where it's fine but more often than not even opening apps like Play Music is juddery at best. I'm actually on the verge of returning to another N5. Before I do that though I was thinking about rooting and running something like CM12. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this and whether overall performance is better on these rooted builds on the G3. Any feedback appreciated!

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-21-2015 06:42 AM
    1) You root the ROM that's in the phone. Rooting and flashing a ROM is like taking a shower before playing in the mud.

2) If it's only some days, something is running in the background, using a lot of CPU. Run SystemPanelLite to see what's running when the phone is lagging, and you'll probably find the culprit. Uninstall it or root and freeze it. The N5 isn't a laggy phone.
    03-21-2015 10:00 AM
    I've found the G3 to run like a dream on these custom ROMs. You would be downgrading by going back to a Nexus 5 with no real reason to.
    03-21-2015 04:20 PM
    I traded in my N5 for a G3 in November and while I've enjoyed the display, camera and battery, the overall lag is utterly killing the experience now. I have days where it's fine but more often than not even opening apps like Play Music is juddery at best. I'm actually on the verge of returning to another N5. Before I do that though I was thinking about rooting and running something like CM12. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this and whether overall performance is better on these rooted builds on the G3. Any feedback appreciated!

Posted via the Android Central App
    I rooted my G3 in order to flash CM12 and I find it to be a dream. I have had no regrets since doing it.
    xocomaox likes this.
    03-21-2015 06:00 PM