G3 - slow or not ?

cpper

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying a 32gb G3 but I really don't like slowdowns, lag, stutter or whatever. What is your experience with the G3 updated to Lollipop ? The same laggy experience ? Speaking about frame rate in heavy graphics games, opening/closing/switching apps, scrolling things, in fact the general 'responsiveness' ?
What about a rooted G3, with Cyangonmod. Any difference in performance ?

Or should I better look at the G2(rooted to kill bloatware) / S5 / Xperia Z2 / Oneplus one ?

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I am having no issues with my 32gb g3 running lollipop. I am running Nova Prime and not stock, so can't speak for that. Overall the g3 has been great for me!

Posted via the Android Central App

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had no issues at all with performance or speed. Im running Illusion 6.5 ROM on Android 5.0.2 (based on CM12). There is no lag when gaming, and the overall responsiveness is outstanding.

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Running a custom lollipop ROM will absolutely kill all fears of responsiveness and lag out the window.

Dirty Unicorns 9.2 on VS985

RumpRoast

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Running a custom lollipop ROM will absolutely kill all fears of responsiveness and lag out the window.

Dirty Unicorns 9.2 on VS985

I need to talk to you sometime about getting setup on a ROM. I've read several threads of you always having good things to say about the ROM you're running.

All I've done to *speed* up my phone was the typical developer options settings. Ready for the studder free experience. I know the hardware is fully capable of producing a nice fluid experience.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I need to talk to you sometime about getting setup on a ROM. I've read several threads of you always having good things to say about the ROM you're running.

All I've done to *speed* up my phone was the typical developer options settings. Ready for the studder free experience. I know the hardware is fully capable of producing a nice fluid experience.

If you're ready to root and get a custom recovery on your phone, then I can assist. If you don't know what these things really are, how to use them, please search around and educate yourself a little on the matter. That is important.

RumpRoast

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've been reading up on it to refresh my memory. I've installed CM on the Touchpad a few years back but haven't touched it since. I'll let you know when I'm ready. Thanks

cpper

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answers everybody :)
I think the final two candidates will be the G3 and the S5. Even if the S5 has a better performance and camera, I like the G3 more because of its clever design , UI and OIS. Also, half of the people here have an Iphone 5/6 and the other half a S5. I don't like to follow the crowd :D

mlacunza

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have one with 4.4 it's very nice great screen if you like the IPS colors. Need to say I have a Nexus 4 too with lollipop and it's the same faster for common tasks but in games and others heavy apps you can see the G3 power. I test a S5 don't like his screen colors too intense but for the others it's almost the same but G3 looks very nice and it's better 😃

Enviado desde mi LG-D855 mediante Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol