My phone has developed a condition of not waking after the screen went to sleep. I am not sure it started after Lollipop 5.0.1 or not. But it is doing that more frequent with time. When I tried to double tap to wake the phone, only the task bar on top, the home, and back button at the bottom lighted up. If I press the power button, the screen will go black completely. Press the power button again and the task bar and the other two button lighted up again. The way to finally wake up the phone is repeatedly pressing the volume up and down button together. This could require several minutes of pressing the volume button to get the screen to turn on.
    The phone is not rooted. It works fine when the screen is on. Did anyone experienced this and found the cause and fix for it?
    03-22-2015 11:29 PM
    This started happening on my NEXUS4 after the lollipop update. Every so often when I hit the power button it would stay black. I thought the phone was turning it self if for some reason but holding the power button down for a few seconds would not turn it on. I had to hold it down for a while to reset the phone. That's how I came to the conclusion it was just the screen that was blank. Man I hope that doesn't happen when I get the update on this phone. Anyway I realize I helped none but hope you figure it out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2015 12:13 AM
    I've had a similar problem but I don't have to reboot the phone. The screen would turn on when I get a notification when I pull it out of my pockets. Sometimes the screen would turn on for a split second and go black. Double tapping the screen or power button would be unresponsive. It would eventually work after a few power button clicks.

Doesn't happen every time but enough to get annoyed when it does.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-23-2015 02:41 AM
    I went to an AT&T store with a tech support team. I showed support person a video of what was going on. There were no known cause or fix offered. Suggestion was to factory reset and see what happen. The was a "soft" offer of exchange if the problem persist after factory reset. I don't like that idea because the exchange will be a refurbished phone that might have other issues.
    03-23-2015 02:38 PM
    I had this happen, but only once. Sprint by the way. I had to pull the battery that time, but it hasn` t recurred. I will watch for your fix.
    03-23-2015 11:20 PM
    After updating to 5.0.1 (AT&T OTA), my phone wouldn't wake occasionally when doing either knock code, or double tap. I tried all the tricks, including: factory reset, turning lock screen notifications off, ensuring touch firmware is up to date, testing the censors (hidden menu items), etc. It would wake properly when pressing the power button though. I checked with AT&T, LG, and Google about the issue, and it will hopefully be resolved in the next OTA update. In the mean time, and so not to 'hold my breath' till said update arrives, I've flashed the phone with the stock ROM (4.4.2 (D85010d)). I'ts been about 15 days since downgrading, and Knock code/double tap's been functioning flawlessly . [a special thanks to the high-on-android guy, et al, for the instructions regarding flashing]
    03-24-2015 09:37 PM
    I'ts been about 15 days since downgrading, and Knock code/double tap's been functioning flawlessly . [a special thanks to the high-on-android guy, et al, for the instructions regarding flashing]
    How do you downgrade back to KitKat? and how to keep it from automatic upgrade again?

I actually did the factory reset and the no wake condition continued. Then it stopped for a few days and I just had one tonight.
    03-28-2015 11:42 PM
    I replayed what was the different on the few days without issues. I isolated the fact that I was running Du Battery Saver and Du Speed Booster before the factory reset. Then I was without Du. I reinstall Du and then the "deep sleep" resurfaced. Now I removed the two apps and see what will happen.
    03-29-2015 12:22 PM
    Has anyone found a solution for this? I have the same issue. I have Att LG G3 with Android 5.0.1. It randomly cannot fully awake. It wakes up only if I call my phone and accept the call else I have to reboot phone.
    04-10-2015 10:17 AM