Photos not saving to SD card.

amykinsk

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Saving to my internal memory works fine. Saving to the SD card receives a "Media not Found" error message and no photo is saved. I can view and use all other photos and apps that are saved on my SD card, so it is loaded correctly. Anyone have a clue what the issue is here?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! SD cards can become corrupted, or they might just be simply defective. What brand is it? Did you get it from a reputable retailer, or a random seller on eBay? How old is it? Lesser brands and older cards are more susceptible to failure or file corruption, while cards purchased from questionable online sellers are more likely to be counterfeit.

Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer. Then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

xfactor99

Jun 2, 2010
www.twitter.com
This one is interesting, that there are some photos on the sd card but it won't allow new stuff?

Can you pull the sd card out and put it in a computer to make sure stuff is currently on that sd card? Don't reformat it if it comes up. If there is nothing on the card, then put the card back into your phone and then reformat it.

xfactor99

Jun 2, 2010
www.twitter.com
Welcome to Android Central! SD cards can become corrupted, or they might just be simply defective. What brand is it? Did you get it from a reputable retailer, or a random seller on eBay? How old is it? Lesser brands and older cards are more susceptible to failure or file corruption, while cards purchased from questionable online sellers are more likely to be counterfeit.

Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer. Then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Do this to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7