Hey all,

I've had my G3 rooted for quite a while now. Didn't do to much with it after rooting - just messed with custom status bar, navigation buttons, various other simple things with tweakbox. With lollipop being available I thought I'd go ahead with it and take it for a spin and I have to say, I'm very disappointed. Overall the appearance looks terrible compared to the nexus 6 for example, LG barely adopted ANY of the cool lollipop material design. I think it's an improvement over kitkat, but doesn't nearly go far enough vs other flagships. Where are the lollipop status bar icons? The notifications? The settings menu? They barely changed anything...I still love my G3, but I wish they had of done a better job with this transition.
    Kingfish_907 and FingerSniff like this.
    03-28-2015 10:48 PM
    My battery took a hit and it broke root...

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-28-2015 10:51 PM
    My battery took a hit and it broke root...

I haven't noticed any difference with the battery, and I was pretty aware it was going to remove root - not something that concerned me. I was hoping for a more legit lollipop experience though...it really didn't change much.
    FingerSniff likes this.
    03-28-2015 10:53 PM
    Lollipop also messed up wireless charging for many, both with Qi charging and PMA charging. The best I can figure from a lot of posts and videos is that it has something to do with a new requirement to use 1.8 amp charging pads vs. the older 1 amp pads. Lollipop no longer plays nice with 1 amp chargers. There goes $100 I've invested in a case and two PMA charging pads out the window.
    Lollipop also added a little beep when the battery is charged to 100% with a note that the battery is fully charged and one should disconnect the charger to save energy. Problem is that when I'm using the G3 as a GPS in my car with it plugged into the charger, a necessity due to the display being on all the time, I get this annoying beep and warning every ten minutes or so.
    However, in my case as a light user, i think Lollipop has improved battery life.
    03-29-2015 05:05 AM
    Custom ROM's FTW 🙌 LG did a horrible
    no with the lollipop firmware, and you're right, they adopted pretty much 0 features that make lollipop so good.

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM
    FingerSniff likes this.
    03-29-2015 09:38 AM
    Lollipop also messed up wireless charging for many, both with Qi charging and PMA charging. The best I can figure from a lot of posts and videos is that it has something to do with a new requirement to use 1.8 amp charging pads vs. the older 1 amp pads. Lollipop no longer plays nice with 1 amp chargers. There goes $100 I've invested in a case and two PMA charging pads out the window.
    Lollipop also added a little beep when the battery is charged to 100% with a note that the battery is fully charged and one should disconnect the charger to save energy. Problem is that when I'm using the G3 as a GPS in my car with it plugged into the charger, a necessity due to the display being on all the time, I get this annoying beep and warning every ten minutes or so.
    However, in my case as a light user, i think Lollipop has improved battery life.
    I haven't used wireless charging with my G3 so I can't comment on that, but it sounds annoying. I also didn't notice the beep when fully charged, but I was sleeping last night sooo, I wouldn't have haha.

The notice that the battery is fully charged was always there, prior to rooting at least for me - I removed it once rooted. The only thing I really like so far vs my rooted version of kitkat is that the phone feels like it's running smoother, not noticing the little lag spikes I was always getting before. Battery life seems good as well also being a light user.
    03-29-2015 02:11 PM
    Hey all,

I've had my G3 rooted for quite a while now. Didn't do to much with it after rooting - just messed with custom status bar, navigation buttons, various other simple things with tweakbox. With lollipop being available I thought I'd go ahead with it and take it for a spin and I have to say, I'm very disappointed. Overall the appearance looks terrible compared to the nexus 6 for example, LG barely adopted ANY of the cool lollipop material design. I think it's an improvement over kitkat, but doesn't nearly go far enough vs other flagships. Where are the lollipop status bar icons? The notifications? The settings menu? They barely changed anything...I still love my G3, but I wish they had of done a better job with this transition.
    I agree, was really looking forward to the lollipop update but was let down BIG time. Look a Samsungs lollipop update, I think their done a good job

FingerSniff likes this.
    03-30-2015 07:06 AM
    I am happy with the update. Battery life is improved, at least for me(Bell Canada) and I like the changes with lollipop.

03-30-2015 10:23 AM
    I am happy with the update. Battery life is improved, at least for me(Bell Canada) and I like the changes with lollipop.

I second this as well Lollipop has been a very good improvement upon Kitkat.

03-30-2015 11:45 AM
    Well, it did get a few bits.... universal lockscreen notifications, tweaks to the heads up stuff, switch to the Overview card stack versus the wall o' windows. The KK version of the Optimus UI had a very LP feel to it to begin with, so I wouldn't have expected major modifications anyhow.
    03-30-2015 02:34 PM
    I run Lollipop on my G3.

It's.....okay. Barely any material, though. The new notifications and lock screen notifications and other Lollipop features.

However, remember that this is an Android version update for a skinned device, like HTC's Lollipop update. There won't be any major UI changes. Wait for the next version of the G UI for some major UI changes.

It's just like Lollipop on HTC Sense 6. Nothing much changed in terms of UI. In Sense 7, however, way more material, despite looking very similar.
    03-30-2015 07:33 PM
    I went from a NEXUS4 on lollipop to this phone and I am so happy with the way it is I actually hope there aren't too many changes. After having this phone for a couple months, I couldn't even think of anything I miss from that phone.

tardus likes this.
    03-30-2015 10:44 PM
    Lg g3 lollipop update is disappointing and boring. I should have bought an s5 but i wanted to try something different. You suck lg.
    04-16-2015 01:49 AM