Why won't my my LG G3 acknowledge my sd card?

alwayz208

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
my lg g3 wont/ does not acknowledge my sd card...

I have formatted my sd card( 16gb) every which way ( fat,fat32,ntsf) in my computer,but when I put it in my g3 it is not even showing that it is there for me to mount it or erase it. i hear the click when inserting it ,so its secure. I have also tried turning the phone off then inserting it & back on but still no luck. could someone please help an old lady :) thanks in advance
( model# lg-d855 /32 gb, android v5.0 ,kernel v3.4.0 )

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: my lg g3 wont/ does not acknowledge my sd card...

I know that this might sound crazy but it sounds to me like you have a corrupt SD card. That is a very common problem with these SD cards. There is a app in the playstore that you can download it is called SD insight and it will run a check on your card and let you know if it is a good SD card or not. Try this first and if that doesn't help then you might want to buy a new one. I hope this helps you!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

alwayz208

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

thanks Scotty729, it reads the card. .but I still cant get the phone to acknowledge its even there :-( going to try a different card.

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

That would be your best bet I believe. Try the SanDisk SD card if you are not already using that brand. That is what I am using, I have the 32 gig card and it works great. Good luck and be sure to post with what happens.

alwayz208

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

I switched card and still the same thing. upon closer inspection of the port noticed one of the pins was uneven to the rest, used a sewing needle to re align and everything is good ! plus recommending SD Insight as a tool all should have. thanks again:)

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Your welcome and I am glad that everything is working for you now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool