My old iPhone would back-up all my data, photos, etc into my PC using iTunes but how to back-up my Android LG G3 into my PC? Tethering with the USB cable got no results. Please advise. Thanks.
    03-30-2015 12:02 PM
    My old iPhone would back-up all my data, photos, etc into my PC using iTunes but how to back-up my Android LG G3 into my PC? Tethering with the USB cable got no results. Please advise. Thanks.
    LG PC Suite

LG PC Suite: Manage Your Photos, Videos and Music | LG UK
    xocomaox likes this.
    03-30-2015 12:12 PM
    You can also use Google's built-in cloud backup which is useful.
    03-30-2015 05:55 PM
    Try Airdroid off the playstore. Then go to airdroid.com on your PC/laptop.

Posted via the Android Central App
    xocomaox likes this.
    03-31-2015 02:22 PM
    The only challenging thing to back up from your phone at sms and mms. For almost everything else the Google's built in cloud backup as mentioned in this thread works fine.

I use "SMS Backup & Restore" the one with the clock in center of icon. There are others, but this is the best app I've found. If you have something better - please share. If your phone is rooted there are better options. Titanium Backup, etc. I assume the OP isn't rooted.
    xocomaox likes this.
    04-01-2015 09:39 AM
    Titanium Backup, etc. I assume the OP isn't rooted.
    I've actually found Titanium Backup to not work very well with sms messages. UNLESS you're using a non-system app for messaging. The restore seems to break things.
    04-01-2015 12:17 PM
    I've actually found Titanium Backup to not work very well with sms messages. UNLESS you're using a non-system app for messaging. The restore seems to break things.
    So for backing up system SMS, using a dedicated app is best? I thought Titanium backup took care of everything.

I found this thread - http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-s-can-do.html
    Will checkout those options.
    JeneJene likes this.
    04-01-2015 02:50 PM
    So for backing up system SMS, using a dedicated app is best? I thought Titanium backup took care of everything.

I found this thread - http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-s-can-do.html
    Will checkout those options.
    I've had problems in the past, perhaps now it is better? I've stopped using system app for texting though, so never looked back into it.
    04-01-2015 05:30 PM
    SMS Backup + puts your texts straight into your gmail acct, MMS too
    tardus likes this.
    04-01-2015 11:00 PM
    Now that I have changed to Lollipop I can no longer tether with USB directly to my PC and move files. Any suggestions? I would rather not do it wirelessly.

04-04-2015 05:35 PM
    Now that I have changed to Lollipop I can no longer tether with USB directly to my PC and move files. Any suggestions? I would rather not do it wirelessly.

check your settings, doesn't sound right
    04-04-2015 09:08 PM