where is my frigin update/LG G3/T-Mobile

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My wife got her update on 4/7. I waited until 8/8, checking the stem update tool every couple of hours. Finally in the evening I went into the Google.services.framework app, did a clear data then force stop. when I checked for a system update after that, there it was. I've had 5.01 for almost a day.

nodnarb1974

May 8, 2013
Visit site
My wife got her update on 4/7. I waited until 8/8, checking the stem update tool every couple of hours. Finally in the evening I went into the Google.services.framework app, did a clear data then force stop. when I checked for a system update after that, there it was. I've had 5.01 for almost a day.

I tried this, but still says I'm up to date. My waiting game continues. ☺

Posted via the Android Central App

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried this, but still says I'm up to date. My waiting game continues. ☺

We actually have 3 G3's in the house - my son's update hasn't popped up yet either after doing this. But T-Mobile is rolling it out, I know we got 2 out of 3, but it might take a few days to hit everyone.

nodnarb1974

May 8, 2013
Visit site
We actually have 3 G3's in the house - my son's update hasn't popped up yet either after doing this. But T-Mobile is rolling it out, I know we got 2 out of 3, but it might take a few days to hit everyone.

Yep, just excited for it. ☺ How are the phones that you did get it on?

I've already got everything backed up so I can do a factory reset since that seems to be the best thing to do after a big update.

Last edited:

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep, just excited for it. ☺ How are the phones that you did get it on?

I've already got everything backed up so I can do a factory reset since that seems to be the best thing to do after a big update.

Many of us have good success without the need for factory reset. You'll want to upgrade before the factory reset anyway. Assuming it is needed or you want to do it.

nodnarb1974

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I knew the factory reset would be done after the update. I know I don't need to do it, but seems like a good idea to me and I don't mind starting fresh.

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
will tmobile exchange the phone if its stuck in the firmware update thing cuz the lg tool is still broke it was updated but its still broke so if u wanna try it it will break the phone my phones broke now :(

litchie

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Nodnard1974; I tried that with the framework it did not work after talking to T-mobile and LG neither one of them knows when they're putting it back on the table and I didn't know if someone else was having the same problem they took it off they said because of the wifi calling something else

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
will tmobile exchange the phone if its stuck in the firmware update thing cuz the lg tool is still broke it was updated but its still broke so if u wanna try it it will break the phone my phones broke now :(

You called T-Mobile? I doubt you need to exchange the phone.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Nodnard1974; I tried that with the framework it did not work after talking to T-mobile and LG neither one of them knows when they're putting it back on the table and I didn't know if someone else was having the same problem they took it off they said because of the wifi calling something else

Likely we'll get 5.1 instead of an intermediate fix - and that will take some time. My guess is the carriers were under pressure to release Lollipop and 5.01 shouldn't have been released. I tried wi-fi calling a few times and had mixed results. Other than that no problems.

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
hey the LG G3 is gone from the tmobile site its only in the support section an it says the update to lollipop is pending i made the mistake of installin it from that thing n wanna know if there will be an update for the lg g 3 or has it been scrapped as outdated since the LG G 4 is out now ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci