G3 Verizon Lollipop is slow loading apps, and grinding battery life? other comments

ralphs60

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Since loading Lollipop, on G3 Verizon.....several apps will not load at all, and most others are very slow. Help from anyone or should I give it a few days to settle in. Google apps are slow, also?

Battery life is not what it was. ? Where are the benefits? Are there any?

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
My wife got the update Tuesday night and she has no problems at all. I keep asking her "is your battery life ok?" "Yes". "Any problems with any apps?" "No" "Are you sure every thing is normal, no problems?" "No problems, my phone is fine". I keep expecting something to be wrong because of what I've read here about the update but she insists that everything is fine. I would like to do a factory reset but I hate to put her through the aggravation. So I guess as long as she has no problems I'll let it go.

karrob

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My wife got the update Tuesday night and she has no problems at all. I keep asking her "is your battery life ok?" "Yes". "Any problems with any apps?" "No" "Are you sure every thing is normal, no problems?" "No problems, my phone is fine". I keep expecting something to be wrong because of what I've read here about the update but she insists that everything is fine. I would like to do a factory reset but I hate to put her through the aggravation. So I guess as long as she has no problems I'll let it go.

I'm having the same experience.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I've had my G3 for a few weeks, bought it new, unlocked internanation verison (I'm in the US using AT&T).
As soon as I set the phone up, as part of the setup, it upgraded to Lollipop.
No problems at all with the phone in 3 weeks or so.
Blazing fast, nothing slow, good battery life, no hangups, nothing, just good.

Fred

Lapse

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
After factory reset, phone is faster, battery life better, but gmail and whatsapp push notification problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Sprint but I've had no problems either, but I also got the update within my first 2 weeks with the phone so I'm sure it was fairly "clean" when I got Lollipop.

I'm sure there are some legitimate issues for some people, but sometimes a reset will clear out the gunk & fix problems. Other times there may be an app that's not updated for Lollipop. I'm always curious how much troubleshooting some people have done before declaring an update to be the problem.

These are "things that make me go hmmm"

shadowxheart

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the verizon model with the update and its only my third day of owning the phone I got some lag from extimg apps and clearing them too did a factory reset and now I'm haven hirble drain on battery all I use the phone for is texting and calling some Facebook but nothing heavy is there a fix

Posted via the Android Central App

AnnLeBo

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Did you disable apps that you don't need or want? That's what I did. I just did update to Lollipop a few days ago and my phone is a lot snappier!! battery life the same!! Unplugged at 6:00 the morning, used today with moderate use (Calls, texts, FB, emails) and I still have 60% at 8:45 pm.!! I did not do a factory reset after update either!! Screen on automatic with 80%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae