Does doing a factory reset fix the Lollipop issue where Gmail doesn't sync/push new messages?
    Does anyone have sync issues AFTER doing a factory reset? I know I should just do it, but I swear, I'll need to carve out an hour or two to get it back to how I like it.

Thank you!
    04-21-2015 09:13 AM
    If you have the Verizon version, there is no fix for the google account sync issue. At this point. I have heard LG is working on a fix. But, when and if it will be released is unknown. There is a workaround. when you want to use wifi, turn on airplane mode and wifi. when you want to use LTE, turn off airplace mode, and turn off wifi. Of course you can't make calls with the regular dialer with airplane on, so I use google voice with hangouts to make and receive all my calls. I just dial *72 ???-???-???? to forward my cell number to my google voice number. I just have to remember to switch the wifi, and airplane settings depended on where I am. Of course you can just leave it on LTE and WiFi off, but if you have a limited data plan, that's a poor option. Hopefully, we will get some kind of fix. But, you should do the factory reset after the lollipop install, and manually reinstall your apps. That helps battery life a lot.
    04-21-2015 09:33 AM
    Having the same issue here too...Does anybody on verizon not having wifi sync issue??

I will get texts but gmail,and alot of apps are not sync on wifi

Did factory restore,removed google acct,cleared app cache,removed sd card,checked wifi settings to make sure always on..Nothing works
    04-21-2015 06:27 PM
    I'm on verizon and I upgraded 2 weeks ago. I haven't had any Wi-Fi syncing issues with gmail or any other app. I did a factory reset right after I installed the update so I don't know if an issue existed before the reset.
    04-21-2015 08:26 PM
    I did a factory reset after lollipop on Verizon, and have intermittent push notification issues on Wi-Fi, especially first thing in the morning.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-21-2015 10:25 PM
    Supposedly if your ISP, and wireless router have IPV6 setup, you will not have this problem.
    scraptacular likes this.
    04-22-2015 10:16 AM
    True story! I have had that problem and tonight I enabled IPv6 on my router and voila! Problem solved.

Posted via Android Central App
    Hypnotoadd likes this.
    04-23-2015 09:21 PM
    Went to store two days ago ...They sent me new replacement phone one day shipping ..It has kitkat on it wifi is working fine again no problems..
    04-24-2015 05:14 AM
    I reflashed KK back on mine. Works good now. Hopefully they will "fix" this, so we can upgrade to Lollipop.
    04-24-2015 08:29 AM
    Does this also impact hangouts messages? I'm having an issue where someone sends me a message and I get 0 notification, and then hours later I open hangouts and it refreshes and I see they sent it to me hours ago. Yes notifications are on...

G3 on Verizon on the 23C release. I did the leaked 23A update when it came out and did a factory reset at that time but did not when going to 23C.
    04-24-2015 11:17 AM
    The WiFi sync problem is a Verizon problem. I turned off WiFi and all works fine. I have enough data on my plan so for me it's not much of an inconvenience. After LP update battery performance was poor but returned to normal in about a week.
    CliffordS
    04-26-2015 10:29 AM