LG G3 How can I get rid of this unidentified photo on my screen?

A

AC Question

I have LG G3 with Android 5.0. From time to time a cartoon like pic of a man with a beard appears right on the spot where my photo appears as the current user. I scanned the phone with an antivirus software and the software did not find any viruses.

Any idea what this can be? A bug, a virus?

I have a screenshot but unfortunately question form does not allow me to paste any pics or any links that have the screenshots.

Thanks for any help.

bkoksal

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unidentified photo on screen

Dear Android Users,

From time to time a strange picture appears on my screen. Please see the first screenshot below. It is on the spot (on top-right) where normally my picture appears as the current user. The second screenshot shows my system info. Any idea what this is? I don't recognize it. Is this a bug, a virus? I scanned the phone with an antivirus software and it did not find anything.
Thanks for any help.

Screenshot_2015-03-26-17-17-36.jpg

Screenshot_2015-04-21-17-10-33.jpg

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Looks like the facebook messenger floating head to me.
If you have fb messenger installed that might be what it is.

Fred

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

When I have a Facebook messenger convo going, the floating head thing is much larger & a lot lower. If that is what it is, you should be able to drag that down & get an X on screen to close it & make the head go away.

If you can't close it that way, I'd start looking at what other apps you have installed as the culprit.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Pull down the notification shade and click the icon in the top right corner, which will bring up your profile. You can select a specific picture for that profile, which may currently be your Google+ pic or something?

Sorry, I am on AOSP version of Lollipop and I couldn't show exact screenshots but that's what it looks like to me.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm guessing it's part of the wallpaper, too, because the dude's head is underneath the time. If it were a notification it wouldn't be under the time.

bkoksal

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

I factory reseted after

WTH is that? It's gotta be an app. I'd FDR so fast it'd make your head spin.​

I had to be more patient for the replies. Yes, it was part of the wallpaper. And I am dealing with taking my phone to the state where it was. :-(