My phone received the Lollipop update earlier in the week and I've noticed the notifications are quite glitchy. The notifications were coming in good and un-delayed for the first few days but since trying to change which apps would hide sensitive material I've found I'm not getting the notifications in real time. The only apps that seem to be working properly with their notifications is Hangouts and the Gmail app.

Twitter and Snapchat, for example, sends out notifications delayed, if it ever does send a notification. I'll go into the app to see I have a new notification that I hadn't been notified about. After having seen those new notifications from within the app themselves I'll get the notifications for them maybe an hour or so later instead. Is there any kind of fix for this anyone's managed to find? I'm finally coming around to this update and this notification thing is just making everything frustrating again.

My G3 is unrooted and Verizon if that makes a difference.
    04-24-2015 06:35 PM
    Are you on WiFi when having any of these issues? I have heard reports from others that the Verizon update has issues with syncing over WiFi. Supposed to be fixed soon but not sure if it has already been addressed.

I'm also on Verizon and haven't updated yet. Trying to decide if it might be better to wait for the next update as I (as many others do) depend heavily on my phone for what I do for a living and can't have those kind of issues.

Hope it helps. Some of the other forums may be able to help answer your question better than I have.
    oonaghh likes this.
    04-24-2015 11:41 PM
    Are you on WiFi when having any of these issues? I have heard reports from others that the Verizon update has issues with syncing over WiFi. Supposed to be fixed soon but not sure if it has already been addressed.

I'm also on Verizon and haven't updated yet. Trying to decide if it might be better to wait for the next update as I (as many others do) depend heavily on my phone for what I do for a living and can't have those kind of issues.

Hope it helps. Some of the other forums may be able to help answer your question better than I have.
    Ahhh yes the wifi did the trick. Just turned the wifi off on my phone and all the notifications that didn't come through before just came in. Thanks for that heads up.

I wish I had known about the issues with lollipop before I updated but to late now. I just hope Verizon is quick with an update to fix these issues. I still have unlimited data so staying off wifi isn't that big an issue but it's still not preferable. Thanks again!
    04-25-2015 07:26 AM
    This, most certainly. is a Verizon problem.
    I have a new, unrooted, pure stock, unlocked, international G3 that I bought about 3 weeks ago.
    It updated immediately to Lollipop as soon as I turned it on and setup.
    I've had no problems with it at all and all notifications work just fine, on wifi and on cellular (when I'm not at home for instance).
    I'm on AT&T.
    Again, note, that this is NOT an AT&T branded phone, so no AT&T bloatware on it or AT&T firmware.

Fred
    04-25-2015 09:35 AM
    My phone received the Lollipop update earlier in the week and I've noticed the notifications are quite glitchy. The notifications were coming in good and un-delayed for the first few days but since trying to change which apps would hide sensitive material I've found I'm not getting the notifications in real time. The only apps that seem to be working properly with their notifications is Hangouts and the Gmail app.

Twitter and Snapchat, for example, sends out notifications delayed, if it ever does send a notification. I'll go into the app to see I have a new notification that I hadn't been notified about. After having seen those new notifications from within the app themselves I'll get the notifications for them maybe an hour or so later instead. Is there any kind of fix for this anyone's managed to find? I'm finally coming around to this update and this notification thing is just making everything frustrating again.

My G3 is unrooted and Verizon if that makes a difference.
    A factory reset should fix the problems. Just be sure to use the LG backup found in your settings. It fixed the quirks I had after the 5.0 update.
    04-26-2015 06:24 AM