Missing microphone for speech to text, how can I get it back?

nonsuchpro

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Missing microphone for speech to text

Hello.
This is my first post. Normally I'm pretty good with this stuff but this problem evades me. I just got the LG G3 about 2 months ago. For the first 6-7 weeks all was good and normal. About a week ago, I went to "speak" a text msg like I've been doing up until then where the microphone icon has gone missing. I'm sure as I was playing with setting, along the line I must have done something I shouldn't have taking away my microphone icon. I've tried a few things but can't seem to get it back. Seems that the area I need to get to, to turn it on, is grayed out. I've attached a few pics. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks.
Rob

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Missing microphone for speech to text

Don't really know about that, but that task killer is ruining your phone, there is no need for an app like that it literally does more bad than good. Cheers.

Posted via the Android Central App

nonsuchpro

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Don't really know about that, but that task killer is ruining your phone, there is no need for an app like that it literally does more bad than good. Cheers.

I don't keep it running (It doesn't start with my phone).
Thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central and the G3 forum. :)

Try Settings, Language & Input, Keyboard & Input Methods, Google Voice Typing....set to Automatic. Then try again on your keyboard and see if that does it.

nonsuchpro

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central and the G3 forum. :)

Try Settings, Language & Input, Keyboard & Input Methods, Google Voice Typing....set to Automatic. Then try again on your keyboard and see if that does it.

Thanks for the reply. These are my options under "Settings, Language & Input, Keyboard & Input Methods" I don't seem to have "Google Voice Typing" :/

Screenshot_2015-04-26-21-09-28.png

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Ah yes....different. Mine is an unlocked D855-EUR. Why the difference I don't know.

Attachments

• 37064.jpg
    37064.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 43

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

Unsure as to why that would happen. Have you tried switching keyboards and then rebooting to see if the microphone re-appears?

nonsuchpro

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Unsure as to why that would happen. Have you tried switching keyboards and then rebooting to see if the microphone re-appears?

Yes I have. Many times. This really blows. Any level 1000x techs out there that can help me?
Thanks!

hasuguam

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

This worked for me on an LG G4 with Android 5.1 running.
Go to Settings\General\language & input\LG Keyboard click on picture of Gear\click Keyboard height and layout\click QWERTY keyboard layout\A picture of the keyboard spacebar will display with a highlighted symbol to the left of the spacebar (it could be a pencil, a gear or a clipboard). Press that highlighted symbol ie. For example, if its a picture of a gear, press and release the gear and a picture of four symbols will appear Microphone, Pencil, Gear and Clipboard. Just choose the Microphone. It should now up on your keyboard next to the spacebar.

LynnanneR

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

Thank you so much - this worked perfectly. I was so frustrated; I didn't realize I could click the gear on the keyboard picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge