Hello.
    This is my first post. Normally I'm pretty good with this stuff but this problem evades me. I just got the LG G3 about 2 months ago. For the first 6-7 weeks all was good and normal. About a week ago, I went to "speak" a text msg like I've been doing up until then where the microphone icon has gone missing. I'm sure as I was playing with setting, along the line I must have done something I shouldn't have taking away my microphone icon. I've tried a few things but can't seem to get it back. Seems that the area I need to get to, to turn it on, is grayed out. I've attached a few pics. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks.
    Rob

Missing microphone for speech to text, how can I get it back?-screenshot_1.pngMissing microphone for speech to text, how can I get it back?-screenshot_2.png
    04-26-2015 10:49 AM
    Don't really know about that, but that task killer is ruining your phone, there is no need for an app like that it literally does more bad than good. Cheers.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2015 11:15 AM
    Don't really know about that, but that task killer is ruining your phone, there is no need for an app like that it literally does more bad than good. Cheers.

I don't keep it running (It doesn't start with my phone).
    Thanks.
    04-26-2015 12:40 PM
    Welcome to Android Central and the G3 forum.

Try Settings, Language & Input, Keyboard & Input Methods, Google Voice Typing....set to Automatic. Then try again on your keyboard and see if that does it.

04-26-2015 01:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central and the G3 forum.

Try Settings, Language & Input, Keyboard & Input Methods, Google Voice Typing....set to Automatic. Then try again on your keyboard and see if that does it.

Thanks for the reply. These are my options under "Settings, Language & Input, Keyboard & Input Methods" I don't seem to have "Google Voice Typing" :/

Missing microphone for speech to text, how can I get it back?-screenshot_2015-04-26-21-09-28.png
    04-26-2015 08:15 PM
    Ah yes....different. Mine is an unlocked D855-EUR. Why the difference I don't know.

Attached Thumbnails Missing microphone for speech to text, how can I get it back?-37064.jpg  
    04-27-2015 03:40 PM
    Unsure as to why that would happen. Have you tried switching keyboards and then rebooting to see if the microphone re-appears?
    04-28-2015 03:21 PM
    Unsure as to why that would happen. Have you tried switching keyboards and then rebooting to see if the microphone re-appears?
    Yes I have. Many times. This really blows. Any level 1000x techs out there that can help me?
    Thanks!
    04-29-2015 10:11 AM
    This worked for me on an LG G4 with Android 5.1 running.
    Go to Settings\General\language & input\LG Keyboard click on picture of Gear\click Keyboard height and layout\click QWERTY keyboard layout\A picture of the keyboard spacebar will display with a highlighted symbol to the left of the spacebar (it could be a pencil, a gear or a clipboard). Press that highlighted symbol ie. For example, if its a picture of a gear, press and release the gear and a picture of four symbols will appear Microphone, Pencil, Gear and Clipboard. Just choose the Microphone. It should now up on your keyboard next to the spacebar.
    LynnanneR likes this.
    08-17-2015 11:46 PM
    Thank you so much - this worked perfectly. I was so frustrated; I didn't realize I could click the gear on the keyboard picture.
    12-20-2015 11:56 PM
    thank you so very much for your help.
    07-01-2016 11:51 PM