When will my T-Mobile G3 upgrade to Lollipop?

markwest1

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
My previous G3 upgraded itself to Lollipop about 3 weeks ago, but unfortunately it had a screen issue (hardware related) and T-Mobile sent me a new device under warranty. Been using the new one for over a week and it constantly tells me that the system is up to date. Anything I can do manually to speed up the upgrade process? The G3 was much faster running on Lollipop.

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Few issues: #1 WiFi calling simply doesn't work! #2 Your 4G LTE will keep on dropping will go on and off for no apparent reason #3 Problems with sending out text and MMS massages #4 massive battery drain problem, as of right now there is no ETA on when the new build will be done, but every G3 owner regardless if you are on Lollipop or not you will receive this new update since build number 20B is faulty
There are probably more minor issues like freezing and being very slow while opening apps etc and probably some other minor issues but those 4 are the main big issues

Posted via the Android Central App

D

Deleted member 1668623

I believe the 5.0.1 Lollipop update for the T-Mobile LG G3 is still available through the LG Support Tool. That's how I updated mine. I don't experience any of the so called issues that are mentioned.

I use my phone heavily with games, YouTube, etc and can last on a full charge all day.

I haven't used WiFi calling, so I can't tell you that works or not.

I also do not experience the phone heating up to uncomfortable levels. It does get warm from playing cpu intensive games, but not hot.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae