Goodby G3 Why? Because I'm lazy.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So I’ve been surfing Swappa lately looking for a good deal on a used iPhone 6 Plus 128GB and ran into one last week. It’s the same phone I had on order last September and decided to cancel. I was worried about size and knew that there were problems for me with iOS. After cancelling the Plus, I did end of buying an iPhone 6 on my birthday and tried it for a month before realizing that it would not work for me with the hotspot issues I had. A lot of users have said those issues have been resolved with updates and I can say after testing this weekend, they do seem to be gone. Android has gotten to be too much for me over the past few years. I just do not get into it as much as I used to, nor do I enjoy “figuring things out” like I use to do. I use to sit around installing ROMs and playing until my heart was content. Now, while I did root the G3, I never used the root access for anything. I mean nothing. I couldn’t even tell you why I went through the trouble of rooting it, other than it seemed like a good idea at the time. I’ve had the G3 ever since launch day with the exception of a month spent with the iPhone and a few weeks with the Turbo. (The Turbo was not a good phone IMO.) If everything goes as planned, I’ll be placing the G3 up for sale this weekend on Swappa, but I won’t be giving it away. After all, it is still a great device. I have nothing bad to say about it other than I’m just lazy and want a phone that works without me thinking about how to make it work. You may call me an iSheep if you want. I’ll just bah for you. ;)

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I used to enjoy that stuff too, but back when I got the note 3i said screw it. I guess my version of lazy is just not rooting phones anymore, but hey whatever works for you

pursuit2550

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Your not alone. While I like the customization on Android and my G3, I pretty much set it up and leave it alone till I get rid of it. I dont spend anymore time customizing it after the initial customization. I got Lollipop about 2 weeks ago and for me its been a bad experience. Constant reboots done by me, cache wipes, ending all programs, Wifi is garbage now, on wake up the screen flickers once, then I can open an app or swipe to a different page. I have had them all BB, Windows, Android and Apple. The 2 that just work right out of the box and where Apple and Windows. Android ALWAYS gets buggy after acouple of months. Having to always close problems, restart the phone, clear the cache, there is always something. I thought about the S6, but **** that phone already has issues right out of the box and its their latest flag ship. I have been thinking of jumping ship for awhile now, but I have been held back because of some of the features on android over apple. And I know that apple has its problems but nothing like what I have experienced on android.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Your not alone. While I like the customization on Android and my G3, I pretty much set it up and leave it alone till I get rid of it. I dont spend anymore time customizing it after the initial customization. I got Lollipop about 2 weeks ago and for me its been a bad experience. Constant reboots done by me, cache wipes, ending all programs, Wifi is garbage now, on wake up the screen flickers once, then I can open an app or swipe to a different page. I have had them all BB, Windows, Android and Apple. The 2 that just work right out of the box and where Apple and Windows. Android ALWAYS gets buggy after acouple of months. Having to always close problems, restart the phone, clear the cache, there is always something. I thought about the S6, but **** that phone already has issues right out of the box and its their latest flag ship. I have been thinking of jumping ship for awhile now, but I have been held back because of some of the features on android over apple. And I know that apple has its problems but nothing like what I have experienced on android.

Ouch. I always wait for an update or two on a new Android OS before I accept the update for these very reasons. Just out of curiosity, have to tried a FDR? Of course that makes it even more of a pain, because then you have to reset up the phone again. I've heard that WiFi was horrendous on Lollipop.

pursuit2550

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
No I havent tried that. And yes Wifi is a POS after update. The G3 will probably not see a fix for this for months if it even gets a fix. One thing about Apple, it fixes or at least sends out updates right away.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
No I havent tried that. And yes Wifi is a POS after update. The G3 will probably not see a fix for this for months if it even gets a fix. One thing about Apple, it fixes or at least sends out updates right away.

I would try a FDR if I was you. You'll lose everything and have to set it all back up, but it should hopefully fix some of your issues. I don't know about the WiFi issues though. Like I said, I've heard the WiFi is a real problem with the first iteration of 5.0 for the G3.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Use whatever works for you. For me, it's not so much the phone, as the carrier. I wouldn't use Verizon, if they gave me phones for free.:p

pursuit2550

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Use whatever works for you. For me, it's not so much the phone, as the carrier. I wouldn't use Verizon, if they gave me phones for free.:p

Thats the thing, Android works best for me, but this issues arent easy to deal with. And as far as VZW, well it the best in my area, to the point of if i switch to ATT(2nd best in my area) its still spotty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol