G4 Thoughts

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not cause I am still on contract and the G3 is working just fine for me. Also I really don't see enough to make me want to jump either. If I didn't already have a G3 it would be tempting . The phone looks nice and the leather backs are growing on me. Just not sure about the phone being bigger. The draw to the G3 was the screen was big but the phone had a small foot print. But I will hold final judgment till I hold the phone in hand.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
They are almost exactly the same size. Batteries are also the same size. Keep your G3, buy a leather case, and now you have a G4.:p

While I don't fully agree, because the hardware specs are better, the leather back is the reason I'm interested in it ;)

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Pros -
• Screen with higher contrast ratio and brightness
• Camera looks REALLY good

Cons -
• Bezzles are a bit bigger - it is wider/taller/thicker - not by much at all, but maybe just enough to make it too big (as I can just barely one-hand the G3)
In pictures: Three generations of LG flagships | Android Central

tbh I can't find anything to dislike. I mean I guess I wish they could move the speaker to the bottom.
Interested to see how the 808 fairs in real world use.

If I were looking for a new phone I think I'd go with the G4. As much as everyone got all excited over a thin glass-backed phone I think the G4 wins this year so far. However, I don't think I'll be unhappy with my G3 for another year. I just pray LG keeps with the removable/expandable options. I guess I'd also love to see a slightly smaller version with the same specs as an option, but that's what I've been saying for 2 years for every flagship.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Pros -
• Screen with higher contrast ratio and brightness
• Camera looks REALLY good

Cons -
• Bezzles are a bit bigger - it is wider/taller/thicker - not by much at all, but maybe just enough to make it too big (as I can just barely one-hand the G3)
In pictures: Three generations of LG flagships | Android Central

tbh I can't find anything to dislike. I mean I guess I wish they could move the speaker to the bottom.
Interested to see how the 808 fairs in real world use.

If I were looking for a new phone I think I'd go with the G4. As much as everyone got all excited over a thin glass-backed phone I think the G4 wins this year so far. However, I don't think I'll be unhappy with my G3 for another year. I just pray LG keeps with the removable/expandable options. I guess I'd also love to see a slightly smaller version with the same specs as an option, but that's what I've been saying for 2 years for every flagship.

The G2's still my favorite. I'll have my G2 for years to come and I still use it a lot as my hotspot. I do wish LG would switch to the NanoSIM so I don't have to use an adaptor to use different phone's but that's a minor compla

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
IMHO, the best thing, and the only thing good about the G4, is the camera. Since i don't take a whole lot of pictures with my cell phone, i have a Nikon for that, i can't see upgrading my G3 for the G4. I feel like LG just threw some stuff together as a stop-gap measure against the S6, and they're now concentrating on their next biggest thing, the G5 or maybe a totally new concept. One year is not that long to wait.:p

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Better screen, better camera, raw photos, alleged better battery life, 4.0 uxi, 808 seems more reliable than 810 which has been plagued by problems. The deciding factor will be price. If it's $600 or below, I'm in, if it's over....maybe not. I have loved my G3, but a the G4 is pretty dang sexy.

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I like the look of it but it's just too large. I'm sure it'll have a market but they missed the 4.7-5.1" sweetspot IMO. The bezels on the G4 are bigger than the G2. They used to go for the bezel-less look but no more

Posted via the Android Central App

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The LG G4 measures 148.9 x 76.1 x 9.8mm compared to the LG G3 that measures 146.3 x 74.6 x 9.3mm. This means the LG G4 is fractionally larger in every aspect but as we are talking millimetres here, the difference is unlikely to be one most users will notice.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Better screen, better camera, raw photos, alleged better battery life, 4.0 uxi, 808 seems more reliable than 810 which has been plagued by problems. The deciding factor will be price. If it's $600 or below, I'm in, if it's over....maybe not. I have loved my G3, but a the G4 is pretty dang sexy.

Just an FYI that if you get the XCam app you can shoot RAW with the G3. It's a really nice replacement imo - has lots of options, but not like the G4 camera app. I seriously hope the G4's manual mode comes to the G3 soon.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the G4 is the G3, but with many improvements. The G3 is already good, so yes, G4 me. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty