How can I transfer everything to my new LG G3?

A

AC Question

Transfer everything to new LG G3

Hi, I have read thru these forums, but not quite sure what to use or what combination to use. I want to transfer _everything_ from my Galaxy S3 to a new LG G3 (verizon version, btw, not rooted). I know that Lollipop has some ability, but I also want all the apps and app data, including acct passwords, wifi passwords, SMS, MMS, contacts, photos, etc. If I need several solutions, so be it. Maybe the built in Lollipop backup restore, with added Helium?
Any help appreciated.
Thx DSA

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Transfer everything to new LG G3

Backing up an Android Device will do almost all of it. (I'll look for at least one wifi password app and add it. Account passwords are your responsibility to remember or keep somewhere. You can get your Google account information at Google Account Recovery.)

Edit:
Bad news - the wifi passwords are encrypted on the phone, so even setting to them won't do you any good.

Last edited:

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has the Verizon Cloud app in the Playstore. Download it on the S3, and backup into the cloud. Then download same app on G3, and go to Menu (top left 3 Bars or slide to right) and select Tools, Content Restore to bring your content that you uploaded from your S3 to the G3. This method ensures you have at least backed up your data into the cloud. But takes longer then next method.....

The Verizon Cloud app can also be installed on both phone's, connect both phones to same Wi-Fi, select Menu. Tools, Content Transfer and it uses WiFi Direct to move the content from S3 to G3. After transfer, you still need to run the cloud app on the G3, as using this method, no data was backed up into the cloud.

Also in Playstore is the LG Backup app that you install on both phones, which you may be able to use as well. This method may transfers other stuff, above the Verizon Cloud.

Posted via the Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Transfer everything to new LG G3

The LG backup tool takes care of SMS,MMS,call logs, just about everything. Lock the files for best results, and use the micro SD as target.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance