Why am I unable to charge the battery while my LG G3 is connected to my PC?

A

AC Question

Why I can unable the battery charging while my LG G3 is connected to my PC

Hi guys,
I am plugging the usb cable into my LG G3 and connecting it to my PC. Then I have the window which gives me info about the three options which I can choose from, but automatically my G3 starts to charge even if I have selected MTP mode. How I can change my settings, can't understand what's wrong?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why I can unable the battery charging while my LG G3 is connected to my PC

There's no setting for "data only-no charge". You'd need a cable with one of the data leads (there are 2 for data and 2 for charging) cut - or you can just use an app like WiFi File Transfer to transfer data without plugging the phone into the computer.

There's nothing wrong - Google just didn't write Android with the option to connect but not charge. (They should have, but they won't listen to me, so I work around the things I think they did wrong.)

chuki puki

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unwanted charging through USB when my G3 is connected with PC

Hi, so there is no way that I can only connect the USB cable for data transferring without automatically (obviously) charging process? I don't think this is good because I know (correct me if I am wrong), but once the charging is started it is not good to stop it until the battery is fully charged. But I still can't find my USB setting, somebody with G3 can you help me?

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

There is absolutely nothing bad about stopping and starting charging, regardless of how full the battery is. You don't need to worry about this at all.

benosa562

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Yah, I think that charging until full was back in the days.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Hi, so there is no way that I can only connect the USB cable for data transferring without automatically (obviously) charging process? I don't think this is good because I know (correct me if I am wrong), but once the charging is started it is not good to stop it until the battery is fully charged. But I still can't find my USB setting, somebody with G3 can you help me?

It's actually better to charge in small amounts as it does not heat up the battery as much which keeps the battery cells healthy.

I don't understand what the problem is here? Just plug it in and transfer the data.

chuki puki

May 5, 2015
Visit site

It's actually better to charge in small amounts as it does not heat up the battery as much which keeps the battery cells healthy.

I don't understand what the problem is here? Just plug it in and transfer the data.
Hi the problem is that I don't want this to be like this, especially when in the beginning when I was connecting my G3 with my PC there was nothing like charging, just data transfer. Except for this, yesterday when I plugged the phone to charge into the socket, it showed me message that it is on USB charging, it will be slower and bla bla ... don't know what happened but my phone wants to USB charge... Does anybody know where the USB settting are? Can't find them .....

chuki puki

May 5, 2015
Visit site

On the Settings menu: Connectivity->Tethering and networks-> my USB tethering is not active.... it's just in grey color ... can't click on or off.... Does anybody know why?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Hi the problem is that I don't want this to be like this, especially when in the beginning when I was connecting my G3 with my PC there was nothing like charging, just data transfer. Except for this, yesterday when I plugged the phone to charge into the socket, it showed me message that it is on USB charging, it will be slower and bla bla ... don't know what happened but my phone wants to USB charge... Does anybody know where the USB settting are? Can't find them .....

There is no harm in it charging while transferring data. It's actually an added benefit because you get some battery life back each time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781