I keep getting "Can't Open Microphone" when i attempt to do voice to text with my LG3

Ian Legate

May 8, 2015
Visit site
When i press to activate Voice to text on my LG keypad the mic opens but then I keep getting "Can't Open Microphone" above the mic logo . Just below that but faded out text is "Try Again" below that is the Microphone Icon and below that is the the word/logo: I am using the swifkey keyboard but it was working with this and when I use the google keyboard ...same problem
Other than that nothing. no suggestions , nada
Please advise
Thanks
Ian

Last edited:

Ian Legate

May 8, 2015
Visit site
no I have tried that its the google microphone . i hate typing so I always press the microphone button on the keyboard and do voice to text.
About a week ago it stopped working and there is no redirect or suggestions

Ian Legate

May 8, 2015
Visit site
yes goldriver I have tried the google keyboard, swiftkey and LG. no luck. I contacted LG support and they told me I'd have to format my phone. That seems to be a popular answer with customer support no matter what company PC or Mobile
Can I back up my apps as well as info , music,etc? Before formatting?
LG support did not offer any help other than "format it" and I would lose everything on my phone!

KurtWM

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
this happened to me shortly after I installed another app which uses the microphone. Apparently the app does not "release" the microphone when i close it. Try doing a long press on your home button, which will bring up a list of all the running applications and hit close all. Then try using the microphone again. This works in my case. The app in question in my case is "Dragon."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech