LG G3 Screen On Time

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
This thread should prove that the G3 is very capable of getting good numbers when it comes to battery life, but it comes down to configuration and knowledge of the operating system known as Android.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I have no idea what I am doing wrong then.

I use lux to save on display and have checked using gsam for rogue apps.

I have limited my push notifications and switched off location services previously but don't see why I should have to do this. Lg recognise there is a problem and have said to me there's nothing they can do and they are waiting for Google to fix it! (Lollipop 5.0)

Posted via the Android Central App

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what I am doing wrong then.

I use lux to save on display and have checked using gsam for rogue apps.

I have limited my push notifications and switched off location services previously but don't see why I should have to do this. Lg recognise there is a problem and have said to me there's nothing they can do and they are waiting for Google to fix it! (Lollipop 5.0)

I don't use any powersave apps. I am using Nova launcher prime. I have disabled everything that I don't use.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't use any powersave apps. I am using Nova launcher prime. I have disabled everything that I don't use.

Curious, do you have any push email clients? I am using gmail(1 account) and Nine for my work exchange email(push as well).

lumei 920

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I am getting 1h 56m of SOT (auto brightness) at 22% battery (36 h 27m usage on battery). Android System used 45% of the battery.

Does this sound like reasonable usage on carrier ROMs?

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
This is my results after full charge overnight. Had a couple of long tel calls but then moderate use IMO.

Second screen shot shows app usage. As mentioned I am on lg855 lollipop 5.0.

I use lux, my mail updates are periodic rather than push.

Attachments

• 18610.jpg
    18610.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 18612.jpg
    18612.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 119

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
This is my results after full charge overnight. Had a couple of long tel calls but then moderate use IMO.

Second screen shot shows app usage. As mentioned I am on lg855 lollipop 5.0.

I use lux, my mail updates are periodic rather than push.

Your phone is using more than it should. Even for four hours of calls. Gonna have to dig into wakelocks and alarms to pinpoint.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I also have a screen burn (yellow arc on right side) so something wrong. Suspect from overheating.

Where do I start ?

CellTheUltimateAndroid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Jesus guys I'm getting great battery life, fully stock with WiFi and sync on.
Pretty much nothing has been tweaked.
Usage has been pretty moderate, with mostly web browsing and gaming.

Attachments

• 5706.jpg
    5706.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 112

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Disappointing for me. Have now turned off Google location and voice activation but still struggling to stretch the battery to 3 hrs SOT.

I have had two Sony handsets, and a Samsung and this is the first one I have had to really tamper with (turning loads off) to no avail. I have rooted and loaded custom ROMs before so I dont consider myself as a beginner user.

I love the camera, screen but my Z1 would provide double the battery with the same apps. I hope I have a lemon and LG will swap it but as per previous, they have said they know of a problem and they want Google to sort it

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
This thread should prove that the G3 is very capable of getting good numbers when it comes to battery life, but it comes down to configuration and knowledge of the operating system known as Android.

I believe that's a well but this issue for me is fairly recent since the upgrade to lollipop. But here is today's latest numbers. Wi-Fi off all day as well as BT. SOT of just about 1 hour 25 mins. Really? Not what I expect I guess when battery time is under 13 hours down to 10 percent battery.

Attachments

• 12509.jpg
    12509.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 12515.jpg
    12515.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 103

lumei 920

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
No that does not sound reasonable at all!

When I compare the included packages under Android Systems between my G3 and Nexus 7, I am amazed by the amount of bloat that's included on the G3. The G3 had ~40 included packages and my Nexus 7 had ~10. However, that still doesn't explain why Android System used 45% of my battery when everyone else had < 10%.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I get 4 hours + of screen time, easily, and that's running the brightness up to max at times when I'm outside looking through my photos, wifi on a lot of the time, taking pictures with different camera apps. No problems at all.
Last check I had just over 4 hours of on screen time and around 25% battery and showing about 3 hours remaining.

Fred

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I get 4 hours + of screen time, easily, and that's running the brightness up to max at times when I'm outside looking through my photos, wifi on a lot of the time, taking pictures with different camera apps. No problems at all.
Last check I had just over 4 hours of on screen time and around 25% battery and showing about 3 hours remaining.

Fred

Brightness on 100%? If so then that is extraordinary.

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Fred

Woah, is that on stock? Mine barely reaches 3hrs of SOT, often around 2.5hrs only.