11-02-2018 09:58 PM
515 ... 1718192021
tools
    the vibrating could be the battery. The blue screen not ( i think)
    07-04-2016 03:16 PM
    the vibrating could be the battery. The blue screen not ( i think)
    i dont have anymore the blue screen since the last bake.. now its only the bootloop when i unplug the charger... it could be the battery as it seems but im not quite sure.. the phone worls great while its charging
    07-04-2016 03:57 PM
    Adding my complaint as well. Purchased my G3 in July 2014 and the issue began on Saturday. I placed the folded papers and am able to use it...for now. I think it is an overheating/hardware issue. My phone gets incredibly hot by the camera & on/off/volume switch.

I'm eligible for an upgrade, but honestly don't know what to do. G4? G5? Move to Samsung Galaxy 7? I hate to spend the money, as I've LOVED my G3, but I'm not sure I want another bad experience with LG.
    07-05-2016 09:24 AM
    Try if you can restore upgrade errors. see this video
    07-06-2016 05:09 PM
    With my LG G3 it started with the same hot spot. After reflowing it was gone.

If you reflow please mind your temperature don't go over 200-210 degC or you will kill your motherboard.
    07-06-2016 05:12 PM
    With my LG G3 it started with the same hot spot. After reflowing it was gone.

If you reflow please mind your temperature don't go over 200-210 degC or you will kill your motherboard.
    i think i did kill it bro... now it only shows the blue screen of death..dayum this phone is ****ed up.. u think i might have still a chance if i bake again to restore it ?
    07-07-2016 11:47 AM
    If you backed it to hot there isn't much change you can get it to life again. I think it is lost.
    07-09-2016 04:01 PM
    this was me as well - I bought it as soon as it came out on VZW, and it died just a month short of two years.

I loved my LG G3 and was thinking about the G4- as I felt the G3 gave me everything I needed, but I wanted a slightly brighter screen.

With the way my phone died, I will never buy another LG product if I can help it.
    07-17-2016 10:40 AM
    Don't know how you came up with this paper trick, but it worked for me too. I'm convinced it's a hardware defect related to the camera. I have had all the same symptoms as others have mentioned such as no sim, continuous powering off and on then flickering and black screen. My camera had stopped working months before that. Now everything including the camera works. Verizon tech support tried convince me my phone is beyond repair to buy a new one. I'm glad I'm cynical. None the less, thank you Bishop, you sir have the JUICE!

Man I should have read on to know to expect short fix
    07-17-2016 10:47 PM
    I installed nova launcher probably about a week ago, and i just started having this issue this morning that i noticed. My phone lays right beside me when i sleep, i have it propped up on a pillow. I toss and turn like im sure most people do and I ended laying on it, which is nothing new. my phone was really hot, so like normal i just put it back on the pillow. around 9am, my alarm was going off, i tried to turn the turn the alarm off and my screen wouldn't turn on. I couldn't turn it off without seeing the screen so I removed the battery put it back in, I turned it on and the LG boot up screen came on, then it went back off and started flickering. It wouldn't ever allow me to see an image even after the reset. So i get home today, i turn my phone on, and i was actually able to see a screen but like others said it eventually faded out when i tried to do something on it. knocking on the screen would wake it up but it did the same thing. but basically when i was finally able to see an image on the phone i noticed it wasn't recognizing my sim card which it does that occasionally. So i think not having the sim card in will at least help you see the screen. but to me it seems like it might be a nova launcher issue. i dont have prime i just have the regular nova launcher. It only makes sense because everyone else on here seems to have the same launcher and having the same issue. so far its working. i'm going to uninstall nova launcher to see if it helps any better
    07-31-2016 09:57 PM
    I've the same issue on my G3 D855, but for me it's not software related, I was on CM13, issue appears with Nova but also CM launcher. Have also the issue when I reboot in Recovery mode on TWRP. As we are a lot of people having this bug, I suppose LG is aware about it, but my device ist not under guarantee, but will try to get it repaired (not on my cost)
    08-17-2016 11:23 AM
    After an intense trip, phone calls, lots of pictures taken, I started having the same problem
    The screen started flicking, fading away and that was it... the telephone screen just died on me...
    I've try everything I could nothing worked... no on line tips, no youtube videos, anything
    I tried buying another replacement phone right away, used, because I'm not willing to pay over $ 600 on new phone that depreciate in half in less than one year... but all that I could find would take at least one week to be delivered.
    So, I had the IDEA to DELETE all the APPS that I added RECENTLY.... and SO FAR, the phone came back to life for the longest time since the problem started.

LG G3 is known for the poor battery life... so I downloaded a couple of apps to save the battery life;
    the camera is good, but not as clear as most cell phones so, I downloaded an APP that improves the camera quality;
    The SMS wasn't working on my network, so, I downloaded an APP for that.... and so on....
    Now I DELETED THEM ALL !!!!

The screen STARTED WORKING !!!

COULD BE THEM the cause of the CPU OVERHEAT.... so, doesn't hurt to try this trick yourself....
    I am very impressed to see the phone ALIVE AGAIN....
    I hope stays that way...

Good luck to all
    08-27-2016 03:10 PM
    Hey, to anyone who has resolved this issue, any updates? I started financing my G3 in April 2015 (D851) and this has just started happening today. 2 freaking months out of the warranty. I called LG and they told me there is nothing they can do other than have me send it in, which I would have to pay for because who's warranty isn't expired? no ones. called T mobile and they told me the same thing which left me extremely frustrated. I'm a student who needs my phone for school which is starting in 2 days and I'm about ready to pull my hair out. Not to mention I'm not done paying for the phone and its pulling this bs. What should I do? Go to T-Mobile store? Paper trick? Factory reset? Should I bake it? What has worked for you guys? Please let me know. I really don't have time for this nonsense so if this issue isn't resolved within the month I'm gonna just have to suck it up and pay off this piece of crap, cancel service, and scrape together money to buy a new phone. LG is really messed up for this because I know this is a hardware issue and its most likely a manufacturer defect that has only started affecting my phone recently. I'm just so done with them, next phone will have to be Galaxy or iPhone I cannot deal with this anymore. I previously had the LG Google Nexus 4 and that phone was just a mess lol I 10/10 DO NOT recommend ever buying an LG phone its more trouble than its worth but of course you all know this. Any help would be much appreciated I'm not too good with technology so I don't know what to do.
    09-04-2016 07:28 PM
    I went to an S7 Active back in June but recently I had to go back to my G3 as I had water damage. This is in the process of being replaced under warranty which means I had to go back to my G3. I have recently readjusted the Penny I was using in the phone to a new location as I continued to have the flickering. Since readjusting I have had better luck. See the attached photos for the location I have set the penny. The first picture shows where the penny is set and the second shows where the penny puts pressure against.

Why does my LG G3 screen flicker and fades to darkness?-lgg3penny.png
    Why does my LG G3 screen flicker and fades to darkness?-lgg3penny2.png
    oldmankdude and stevesilver like this.
    09-07-2016 01:14 PM
    Hi guys, my G3 screen was also flickering, becoming black. I have some difficulties to believe that, but I've done the following:
    - I put the motherboard in the oven at 200 ° for 7 minutes
    - I placed a small washer screw instead a 1ct (Euro cent is too big) with thermal paste
    And now the G3 is already running without flickering screen all the days. Don't know what exactly help, oven, screw washer, both... So I will observe the next few days if its stable and post a feedback...
    09-10-2016 01:01 PM
    2 days of use without flickering screen!
    09-12-2016 12:49 AM
    The penny seems to have fixed my screen!! It's running through a reboot loop, but I will work that out, I guess. Thanks for your advice!
    nebukadnezar likes this.
    09-14-2016 07:55 AM
    Wow! This solder reflow-technique was just what the doctor ordered. My LG G3 had been extremely reliable, until one hot day I bumped it horizontally and then it started doing the described problem: screen would come on and everything looked/worked perfectly and then it would get dim, flicker and turn then go completely dark. after a minute or two I could run the screen for say 2 to 4 seconds each time.

I could tell it was not an over-heating problem, since there was no correlation with CPU load, nor screen brightness, nor any kind of display artifacts. The problem is related to the power-supply to the display, perhaps some ground pins or one of the capacitors. on that display power circuit.

The problem seems to be the lead-free (RoHS) under one of the main BGA -- most likely the PMIC which is under the metal RF shield.

I pre-heated the board for 3 minutes at 170 C in my convection oven(with fan), the popped it quickly into the well pre-heated 385F oven... for another 3 , and the cooled slowly for an hour (door cracked) 24+ hours ago, and everything seems back to normal.

I used the pie - pan and tin foil stands described in the video someone linked to, and made sure the sim card slot was down, and the main qualcomm MSM & PMIC were on the top.

Of course I did use various thermometers and made sure my oven was carefully well calibrated first, and did not use the fan/convection oven setting.

What an awesome and easy to execute solution. Kudos to everyone who figured it out, and was brave enough to test! I'm very thankful.
    nebukadnezar likes this.
    09-16-2016 06:37 PM
    I got my phone in 2014, I have not been having any issues with, until, this started.
    It is very frustrating!
    I have given it for repair and they have reflowed (I think it's the same as baking, Twice!) It works for a while and then it's back to it again, the paper technique doesn't work, coin doesn't fit. I am out of my wits right now.
    Help please...
    10-13-2016 04:02 AM
    Is it still working for you @nebukadnezar ?
    10-13-2016 04:04 AM
    Did they actually agree to fix your phone for free? Because i recently called them and they said I would have to pay 150 to repair it....even though I never damaged the phone
    11-06-2016 01:38 PM
    Is it still working for you @nebukadnezar ?
    Hi, yes it's still working. But to be honest I do not use it anymore for my daily work, as I've bought a Oneplus3, shortly after the screen problem has started.
    11-06-2016 03:30 PM
    I had to send my phone in for repair, LG said motherboard was problem and charging $77 (w/tax) for repair. Original letter from LG with quote said phone would be returned in 5-7 business days. Paid it and it's been 3 weeks and status is "Repair in Progress" still. LG Support can't provide any more details as to when I'll get my phone or specifically why it's taking so long. REPAIR SERVICE SUCKS
    11-18-2016 07:11 AM
    Yeah, I must globally says I'm also disappointed from LG mobile part, I had issue with my LGGPAD 8.3, the screen has been replaced but it was done quickly in 1 week in Germany, my Nexus 5 (produced by LG) has been replaced 3 times, the latest experience with the G3 tells me to not buy any more an LG mobile device.
    11-18-2016 08:57 AM
    hey guys can somebody please tell me.. i wanna change the motherboard of my lg g3 16 gb with 2 gb ram with another lg g3 motherboard but this motherboard its 32 gb with 3 gb ram.. can somebody please tell me and ensure me that this motherboard will work at my lg ?
    11-18-2016 02:45 PM
515 ... 1718192021