Why does my LG G3 screen flicker and fades to darkness?

RvD_1

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Not every oven is the same and there will be differences in times to warm the oven up (pre-heat). After my oven reaches the soaking temp. (plm 150-170 degC) i put the board in and let it soak at this temp. for about 90 secs.
After that i heat the oven up but because my oven is rather big for such a small job it takes some time before the temp. rises.

I found out that after my oven reaches 200 degC and i leave it in for another 60 secs. and i then stop the heating it reaches the max. allowed reflow temp. of 210-225 degC and won't go over it.
After that i slightly open the door and let it slowly cool down for at least 10-15 minutes.

You just have to get a feel for how fast your oven can heat up and. Just don't go over the max. reflow temp. for a long period.

bishopx26

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Not every oven is the same and there will be differences in times to warm the oven up (pre-heat). After my oven reaches the soaking temp. (plm 150-170 degC) i put the board in and let it soak at this temp. for about 90 secs.
After that i heat the oven up but because my oven is rather big for such a small job it takes some time before the temp. rises.

I found out that after my oven reaches 200 degC and i leave it in for another 60 secs. and i then stop the heating it reaches the max. allowed reflow temp. of 210-225 degC and won't go over it.
After that i slightly open the door and let it slowly cool down for at least 10-15 minutes.

You just have to get a feel for how fast your oven can heat up and. Just don't go over the max. reflow temp. for a long period.

hey bro as i told u it showed me blue screen.. i baked it again and it turned on but it keeps restarting if i unplug it.. thats weird.. when its charging doesnt restart but the moment i unplug it and i navigate a little bit it restarts and keeps restarting if i dont plug in.. what do u think

RvD_1

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Is the screen "normal" or do you see stripes or distortion? If not then could you try a different battery? Does the restarting occur with and without the battery placed in the phone with the charger connected?

bishopx26

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Is the screen "normal" or do you see stripes or distortion? If not then could you try a different battery? Does the restarting occur with and without the battery placed in the phone with the charger connected?

no the screen seems normal and stabilized but as i said it restarts only when i dissconnect the charger... when i plug the charger its fine but when i dissconnect keeps rebooting.. it doesnt even turn on but only reboots repeating same thing..... before my last bake i had the same issue.. i started to use the phone while it was charging and the phone started to overheat a lot.. then it showed me the blue screen.

bishopx26

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Try factory reset or installing other firmware.

Google for LG G3 blue screen of death.

i dont think it will help.. i had this issue before i flashed it though when i was using 5.0.. some say its the battery some others says its not lol.. i have no idea tbh..

bishopx26

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
the vibrating could be the battery. The blue screen not ( i think)

i dont have anymore the blue screen since the last bake.. now its only the bootloop when i unplug the charger... it could be the battery as it seems but im not quite sure.. the phone worls great while its charging

PollyBennett

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Adding my complaint as well. Purchased my G3 in July 2014 and the issue began on Saturday. I placed the folded papers and am able to use it...for now. I think it is an overheating/hardware issue. My phone gets incredibly hot by the camera & on/off/volume switch.

I'm eligible for an upgrade, but honestly don't know what to do. G4? G5? Move to Samsung Galaxy 7? I hate to spend the money, as I've LOVED my G3, but I'm not sure I want another bad experience with LG.

RvD_1

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
With my LG G3 it started with the same hot spot. After reflowing it was gone.

If you reflow please mind your temperature don't go over 200-210 degC or you will kill your motherboard.

bishopx26

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
With my LG G3 it started with the same hot spot. After reflowing it was gone.

If you reflow please mind your temperature don't go over 200-210 degC or you will kill your motherboard.

i think i did kill it bro... now it only shows the blue screen of death..dayum this phone is ****ed up.. u think i might have still a chance if i bake again to restore it ?

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
this was me as well - I bought it as soon as it came out on VZW, and it died just a month short of two years.

I loved my LG G3 and was thinking about the G4- as I felt the G3 gave me everything I needed, but I wanted a slightly brighter screen.

With the way my phone died, I will never buy another LG product if I can help it.

BlackJoeO

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Don't know how you came up with this paper trick, but it worked for me too. I'm convinced it's a hardware defect related to the camera. I have had all the same symptoms as others have mentioned such as no sim, continuous powering off and on then flickering and black screen. My camera had stopped working months before that. Now everything including the camera works. Verizon tech support tried convince me my phone is beyond repair to buy a new one. I'm glad I'm cynical. None the less, thank you Bishop, you sir have the JUICE!

Man I should have read on to know to expect short fix

Last edited:

blontz15

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I installed nova launcher probably about a week ago, and i just started having this issue this morning that i noticed. My phone lays right beside me when i sleep, i have it propped up on a pillow. I toss and turn like im sure most people do and I ended laying on it, which is nothing new. my phone was really hot, so like normal i just put it back on the pillow. around 9am, my alarm was going off, i tried to turn the turn the alarm off and my screen wouldn't turn on. I couldn't turn it off without seeing the screen so I removed the battery put it back in, I turned it on and the LG boot up screen came on, then it went back off and started flickering. It wouldn't ever allow me to see an image even after the reset. So i get home today, i turn my phone on, and i was actually able to see a screen but like others said it eventually faded out when i tried to do something on it. knocking on the screen would wake it up but it did the same thing. but basically when i was finally able to see an image on the phone i noticed it wasn't recognizing my sim card which it does that occasionally. So i think not having the sim card in will at least help you see the screen. but to me it seems like it might be a nova launcher issue. i dont have prime i just have the regular nova launcher. It only makes sense because everyone else on here seems to have the same launcher and having the same issue. so far its working. i'm going to uninstall nova launcher to see if it helps any better

nebukadnezar

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: HELP - LG G3 Screen Flickers and fades to darkness

I've the same issue on my G3 D855, but for me it's not software related, I was on CM13, issue appears with Nova but also CM launcher. Have also the issue when I reboot in Recovery mode on TWRP. As we are a lot of people having this bug, I suppose LG is aware about it, but my device ist not under guarantee, but will try to get it repaired (not on my cost)

Caze Oli

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: HELP - LG G3 Screen Flickers and fades to darkness

After an intense trip, phone calls, lots of pictures taken, I started having the same problem
The screen started flicking, fading away and that was it... the telephone screen just died on me...
I've try everything I could nothing worked... no on line tips, no youtube videos, anything
I tried buying another replacement phone right away, used, because I'm not willing to pay over $ 600 on new phone that depreciate in half in less than one year... but all that I could find would take at least one week to be delivered.
So, I had the IDEA to DELETE all the APPS that I added RECENTLY.... and SO FAR, the phone came back to life for the longest time since the problem started.

LG G3 is known for the poor battery life... so I downloaded a couple of apps to save the battery life;
the camera is good, but not as clear as most cell phones so, I downloaded an APP that improves the camera quality;
The SMS wasn't working on my network, so, I downloaded an APP for that.... and so on....
Now I DELETED THEM ALL !!!!

The screen STARTED WORKING !!!

COULD BE THEM the cause of the CPU OVERHEAT.... so, doesn't hurt to try this trick yourself....
I am very impressed to see the phone ALIVE AGAIN....
I hope stays that way...

Good luck to all