How do I get rid of/disable AT&T address book?

A

AC Question

How do I get rid of/disable AT&T address book

I have a new LG G3 Vigor and whenever I try to access my contacts I get this god awful message from AT&T Address Book that takes forever to go away before I can access my contacts. I'm not with AT&T, I have an unlocked phone on Consumer Cellular. I tried disabling it in my apps but I don't even find it listed. Is there any way to get rid of or disable it so I can access my contacts without the wait?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I get rid of/disable AT&T address book

I have a new LG G3 Vigor and whenever I try to access my contacts I get this god awful message from AT&T Address Book that takes forever to go away before I can access my contacts. I'm not with AT&T, I have an unlocked phone on Consumer Cellular. I tried disabling it in my apps but I don't even find it listed. Is there any way to get rid of or disable it so I can access my contacts without the wait?

Welcome to the forums!

I'm on AT&T and generally I let it come up to ask me to cancel or say no. It might do that twice and then it stops.

It is listed under accounts, but I haven't tried to delete it there.

heshtesh

May 27, 2015
Visit site

This is how i removed the AT&T phone book from my LG G2 phone. Type star # star # 2666 # star # star then set registration to completed when it appears and the AT&T phone book will be permenently removed, i found it to be annoying.

Azaz NAqvi

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

Dear User,
If you want to disable your AT&T Address book go to the settings>apps>all apps and disable all services running in the AT&T address book app. So you can easily access your contact directly with out loading the AT&T address book.

Regards,
AZAZ HASNAIN NAQVI

AZritkodude

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

This is how i removed the AT&T phone book from my LG G2 phone. Type star # star # 2666 # star # star then set registration to completed when it appears and the AT&T phone book will be permenently removed, i found it to be annoying.

I also did the *#*#2666#*#* and found an option on the bottom of the pop-up menu to remove the AAB. One happy LG G3 owner here!

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

This is a real sanity saver. Thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

ciaosophie

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I get rid of/disable AT&T address book?

I have been fighting this for hours. What finally worked for me: tap contacts icon. Wait for ATT address page, tap the ok button at the bottem of the page. When my contacts appear, tap the three dots. Tap export to SIM card. Select all, tap the cloud/arrow icon. Now I can open my contact list without going through the stupid att address book bloat.

doggirl3

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I did the sim card thing and did the star # number thing and that works. Now I can get into my contacts with no problem. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance