Just bought a G3 & have some issues, can you help? (UK)

HomeyJay

May 15, 2015
Visit site
It's been a long time since I had an android phone so I bought a used G3. It's all fine apart from the battery performance.
I've gone through a couple of charge cycles but I'm not getting a screen on time longer than 2.5 hours. Here's my settings:

Wifi on
Bluetooth off
Wifi searching off
Brightness at 35% with auto off.
Lollipop 5.0
Nfc off

No apps added from system reset, everything updated to current versions.

From 100% to 15% total usage time is around 6.5 hrs, screen on time 2.5 hrs max.
The phone is 6 months old but gas not been used by the previous used for a couple of months.
Can anyone please suggest anything? I love the phone but this really sucks!

Also, is using the wireless charger slower than plugging the cord into the phone directly?

Finally, the handset is branded to the Three network and unlocked. Is there anyway to de-brand and install the latest version of Lollipop?

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to learn...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the G3 forum. :)

Have you considered that the battery may be in poor condition? If not treated well by the previous user, it may have markedly reduced capacity. (I say 'if' - of course it may have been treated well, and the battery poor for other reasons.) The best way to charge is when there is still about 40-50% charge remaining, but some people drain heavily before recharging and that will shorten the life of the battery in a matter of months. Check this article by Rukbat:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...e-care-feeding-lithium-polymer-batteries.html

My own unlocked G3 - and I'm also in the UK - is running Android 5.0, which is the latest version available for it. You'll receive any future software OTA updates as and when they become available.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool