Moto X (2014) or LG G3 for me?

SIMMMONS

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had the iPhone 5S for over a year now and I've been thinking about switching back to Android (my last Android experience was with a Galaxy and I had a terrible time with TouchWiz). I've been considering the LG G3 and the Moto X (2014), considering I'm not a heavy user, I wanted to know which phone would be best for me considering the following:
1) I'd mostly use it for reading comic books (so I'd appreciate a bigger screen), Twitter, browsing the internet and, sometimes, playing (not heave games though)
2) I want a phone I can keep for AT LEAST 2 years, so that would be my biggest concern about the G3, since the G4 is already out
3) Before buying my current phone, I was considering the Moto X (2013), but the complaints about burn-ins were all over the place. I'd hate for this to happen because, as I said, I would like I phone I could keep for the next 2 years or so
4) I've read some comments about the LG G3 lagging a lot and, if that's the case with any one you, how do you use your phone (games, videos, internet, etc)?
5) The battery is really important for me. With my iPhone I can go through an entire day, sometimes even more.

PS: The Nexus 6 is not an option at the moment because Motorola isn't selling this phone here yet

Last edited:

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the 2014 Moto X for less than 2 weeks. It's a nice phone but I decided to return it due to subpar camera and battery life (never lasted full day). I'd rather have a G3 since it has better camera, bigger screen, longer battery life, replaceable battery, micro SD slot and will most likely get updated to same UI as G4. Replaceable battery might be a good feature for you since you plan to keep the phone for 2+ years.

Btw, the Nexus 6 is a Motorola device. It has been rumored that the next Nexus will be made by LG.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

SIMMMONS

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I had the 2014 Moto X for less than 2 weeks. It's a nice phone but I decided to return it due to subpar camera and battery life (never lasted full day). I'd rather have a G3 since it has better camera, bigger screen, longer battery life, replaceable battery, micro SD slot and will most likely get updated to same UI as G4. Replaceable battery might be a good feature for you since you plan to keep the phone for 2+ years.

Btw, the Nexus 6 is a Motorola device. It has been rumored that the next Nexus will be made by LG.
Also, I actually hadn't thought about how the removable battery would be a plus in that aspect, and I guess it really would. Thanks.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

Oh, right. Sorry, my mistake! (I'm just so used to LG making the Nexus devices by now)

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
These are the two phones I was choosing between 4 months ago and I chose the G3. It seems to be the best choice for you especially based on your criteria.

The main reasons for getting a Moto X = the touchless control, active display, near stock software, customization, quick updates and if you really like AMOLED (which I do)

Reasons to chose the G3 over it = MUCH better camera, expandable/replaceable storage and battery, bigger stock battery, great screen size for the footprint

I don't get any lag and I multitask like crazy and play games. I've never had a overheating/throttling problem, I get good battery life (I'm on 4.4 still because it's working very well for me). I think it's better suited to last 2+ years due to the replaceable battery and the 3GB of RAM and the 1440p screen.