Alarm(s) stopped working.

Aliasalias

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Here's the deal: been using the default alarm the whole year, running Lollipop in Priority Mode - - everything working a-ok.

After having overslept twice it was time for some troubleshooting: the alarm did start by lighting the screen but no sound/vibration. And here it gets weird: when I try the alarm in normal mode with everything up to eleven (sound/vibration) it still gives me nothing.. Also tried a third-party alarm app, Timely, still nothing.

I'm running the G3 with Nova Prime.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you open the alarm clock app and select an alarm tone, does it play a sample for you? Are you using the preinstalled alarm tones, or a custom one? If it's custom, is it saved on Internal Storage or the SD card? I recall some people (on the S5 or Note 4 on Lollipop, I think) suddenly losing their custom ringtones if they were on the SD card; but once they moved them to Internal Storage, they worked.

Aliasalias

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi Sean and thank you for the reply!

I'm using a pre-installed alarm tones and yes, they do play a sample. The latest twist here is that today - after a few days of fiddlin' - the alarm came back alive. Which is absolutely the worst thing, because now the cause of the problem is lost for good and i'll be on pins and needles when next time using the alarm.. Aww fiddlesticks!

Thanks for the effort though. I'll revive this thread if it bugs me again!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Sean and thank you for the reply!

Wrong Diddy, LOL!:D

Glad the problem seems to have resolved, but I don't blame you for being apprehensive after having that issue. I'd set up some backup alarms using other devices for now (like ... what's that thing called ... oh yeah, a clock!;)).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis