Can I get help with some Sprint LG G3 Data and Wifi issues?

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Sprint LG G3 Data and Wifi issues

My brand new G3 worked fine, until I installed the update.
I got it yesterday and it worked fine, then I installed the update, now it says 'Internet is unavailable on _______' when I connect to wifi, and the mobile data doesn't work at all. I spent an hour at the sprint store earlier today, and they ended up replacing the phone. Well, the new one did exactly the same thing. I'm at a loss as to how to fix it, and I'd rather not deal with sprint again. If anyone knows of a way to help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: I got the phone in store, it worked fine up until I got home and installed the update.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint LG G3 Data and Wifi issues

Did they mail the replacement phone to you, or did they give it to you at the store? If you're willing to bring it back again. then make sure you turn on and set up the replacement phone right there in the store, to see if the same problem persists.

VoLTE (Voice over LTE) settings can sometimes cause weird things like this, especially in areas where VoLTE isn't yet set up. See if there are any related settings, and try turning off VoLTE.

rcollins00153

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Did you upgrade from another phone. If so what Did you get your new phone from Best Buy. If yes to these I might be able to help

Posted via the Android Central App

KillerAJD

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

**Went ahead and reinstalled the default (ZV4.04?) firmware and that seems to have at least got the phone working again. I'm debating on whether to try and install the Lollipop update again, just to see if something different happens, but then again, it seems like people are having issues with that firmware in general**

Ugh, I'm having the same damn issue with my mother's phone. Got it yesterday at Best Buy (phone was $1, and they gave you a $200 gc, why not?), set everything up, it work great, but before I gave it back at the end of the night, it had an update available. I told her to just do it in the morning after the phone had charged. I was woken up this morning by here because it had stopped connecting to our wifi and won't keep a data connection. Did a factory reset and wiped the cache and still nothing. This piece of **** is driving me bonkers.

Last edited:

BHook

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here - some kid cracked my screen today and i had to get a new G3. Now going through this rigamarole to get a working phone.

Trying this first found on sprint support Troubleshoot_issues_related_to_data_connectivity_and_your_LG_G3/

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Have had the same problem for a few weeks on both my phone and my wife's. Sprint tried everything to no avail. They did say that LG is working on a software issue for the next update, but I eventually found another thread that suggested the Data Optimizer may be the problem. It seems that this was the solution for me.

Go to Settings
Go to Apps
Select Data Optimizer
Select Uninstall Updates
Select Force Stop
Select Disable

I also rebooted for good measure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro