Lg g3 washed out colours

CellTheUltimateAndroid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
So today I compared my lg g3 display with my nexus 5....compared to the n5 my g3's colours looked washed out and less vibrant. Any way to change this?

Posted via the Android Central App

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if you go into the accessibility settings, there is an option there to adjust the colors. I came from a Galaxy S4 and at first I hated how "washed out" the G3 looked too. Once I got used to it I find it more realistic than the S4 - which to me now looks over-saturated and cartoonish, no matter how I have the display set.

Angry_Mushroom

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I'll gladly trade in a bit of color to avoid the dreaded OLED splotch. I replaced to Nokia Lumias with that issue, and apparently the Vita had it as well. But yeah... colors look totally fine, and not over saturated.

Angry_Mushroom

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
What is the oled splotch

Posted via the Android Central App

Usually on a dark screen, you can notice uneven lighting. Not sure how to describe since most people don't notice/care. Imagine inverse back-light bleeding. Instead of lighter parts of the screen, you get these splotches of darker color. Like the pixels haven't quite been lit up as they should be. My Lumia had this issue. Not noticeable during the day, but noticeable enough at night to push me into replacing it twice. This is apparently an issue not found in standard LCD displays, and largely falls in the realm of OLED. Vita was notable for having it.

In a sense... that's why there is no one superior panel tech out right now. They all have their pros and cons. For my own peace of mind, I'm more than fine with the less saturated non-OLED panels.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski