Why do I have such slow wifi at home (xfinity)?

Jeff Kolb

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Slow wifi at home (xfinity)

I have an LG G3 running Lollipop 5.0.1. My wireless connectivity is perfect wherever I go until I get to my house. There I get terrible speeds. This did not happen before I updated to Lollipop 5.0.1. I have xfinity (comcast) as my internet provider. None of our other devices--android, iphones, etc.-- have any problems.

My workaround is to repeatedly turn off wifi and turn it back on until I see that it takes 5-6 seconds to obtain an IP address. Then I have excellent wifi speeds. When I leave home and return, I have to cycle the wifi off and on again.

I have factory reset the phone, tried assigning a static IP, tried clearing the cache, tried forgetting the network and adding the network, etc. None of these solutions have worked.

Anyone have any ideas?

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Slow wifi at home (xfinity)

Verizon has a known, and admitted (by them), issue with WiFi connectivity with their Lollipop upgrade.
Suggest you contact them.

Fred

Melfunn

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Slow wifi at home (xfinity)

Same issues with Verizon & Comcast as far as my email was concerned. Only worked with data usage(using stock email app). DL xfinity connect from Google play to read emails over WiFi or data. Works great.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair