what to buy

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a moto g 2014 which as an entry level android is fine , but I am looking for something new.
The g3 has always caught my eye for some reason above its competitors ( I think mainly the camera focus being better than the s5 ).
But now the choice is G3 or G4.
I know the G4 is better but on a budget is it really worth it..
In the UK I can get a G3 of contract for £250 which I like because I'm not tied into a network ( and after the nightmare of Vodafone I'm trying not to go back to contract ) but noe reading comparisons one or two issues keep coming up with the G3, the two biggest from my point of view are screen brightness (more so out doors ) and the occasional stuttering it has. My motog stutters but I kind of expect that on an entry level phone and I put up with it (as annoying as it is ) but I'd be even more annoyed spending money on a "better phone" for it to do the same.

So my questions are these issues really that bad.
Thanks for any help

Posted via the Android Central App

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Personally my phone has never stuttered, on kitkat or lollipop. The screen is still readable in daylight. One problem is when it is hot out and your phone is getting hot it sometimes automatically reduces brightness. It's still always visible but you just can't turn it to 100% brightness and sit outside gaming on a hot day.

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks for the help. I'd love the G4 but can only afford it on contract which I'm trying not to do but I could if it really was worth it. Any more opinions would be great.

draskome

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
So my questions are these issues really that bad.
Thanks for any help
if that issues are really that bad, or they even exist in form of real annoyance, critics and competition would already tear G3 and LG apart.... Instead, G3 is still seen as one of the best smartphones outhtere... Even here at AC, G3 is still holding third position, and is considered to be better than most 2015. phones..
So, I would go for it, and save some money for G5 in 2016 ;)

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help.
If it was free it would be an easy decision but alas its not and looking at what people say I think G3 here u come.