I currently have a moto g 2014 which as an entry level android is fine , but I am looking for something new.
    The g3 has always caught my eye for some reason above its competitors ( I think mainly the camera focus being better than the s5 ).
    But now the choice is G3 or G4.
    I know the G4 is better but on a budget is it really worth it..
    In the UK I can get a G3 of contract for £250 which I like because I'm not tied into a network ( and after the nightmare of Vodafone I'm trying not to go back to contract ) but noe reading comparisons one or two issues keep coming up with the G3, the two biggest from my point of view are screen brightness (more so out doors ) and the occasional stuttering it has. My motog stutters but I kind of expect that on an entry level phone and I put up with it (as annoying as it is ) but I'd be even more annoyed spending money on a "better phone" for it to do the same.

So my questions are these issues really that bad.
    Thanks for any help

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-28-2015 01:27 AM
    Personally my phone has never stuttered, on kitkat or lollipop. The screen is still readable in daylight. One problem is when it is hot out and your phone is getting hot it sometimes automatically reduces brightness. It's still always visible but you just can't turn it to 100% brightness and sit outside gaming on a hot day.
    05-28-2015 07:41 AM
    On a budget: G3
    No budget: G4 or another 2015 flagship.
    05-28-2015 09:28 AM
    Ok thanks for the help. I'd love the G4 but can only afford it on contract which I'm trying not to do but I could if it really was worth it. Any more opinions would be great.

05-28-2015 11:56 AM
    So my questions are these issues really that bad.
    Thanks for any help
    if that issues are really that bad, or they even exist in form of real annoyance, critics and competition would already tear G3 and LG apart.... Instead, G3 is still seen as one of the best smartphones outhtere... Even here at AC, G3 is still holding third position, and is considered to be better than most 2015. phones..
    So, I would go for it, and save some money for G5 in 2016

05-28-2015 12:14 PM
    Even here at AC, G3 is still holding third position, and is considered to be better than most 2015. phones..
    In their defense, the 2015 flagships are not terribly hard to compete with.
    05-28-2015 01:02 PM
    Thanks for all your opinions, looks good for the g3

05-29-2015 01:05 AM
    Coming from a person who just sold his G3 and got a G4 for free, unless you're getting 1 for free, I'd say G3. It's a great phone. I wouldn't have upgraded if I hadn't gotten one for free. I posted a G4 review in the G4 forums here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ner-g2-g3.html
    draskome and xocomaox like this.
    05-29-2015 08:06 AM
    Thanks for the help.
    If it was free it would be an easy decision but alas its not and looking at what people say I think G3 here u come.

ColbyJvonBrown likes this.
    05-29-2015 12:45 PM