LG G3 Completely Malfunctioning

Unblood

May 31, 2015
Visit site
So I have had my G3 for about 8 months now and this last month I have noticed it has been turning itself off. Then that led to short bursts of power cycling then it would be fine. Then in the last two weeks it would power cycle constantly if I tried to turn on 4G or WiFi. Yesterday it was only working if plugged it in first. Today I won't even power cycle all the way and is staying off. AT&T is claiming water damage to void my warranty as the indicator is red. I believe this software. Help?

Posted via the Android Central App

Unblood

May 31, 2015
Visit site
It worked fine unless I turned on data or WiFi. And the way it had been acting was consistent with issues under the lollipop update which had just been done on my phone.

Unblood

May 31, 2015
Visit site
My AT&T store said even shower steam in a well ventilated bathroom can set it off even if it doesn't cause hardware damage. I've never dropped it into water or let water drops seep into the device but I have set it in my windowsill during showers to play music.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Go here and read the directions fully, then make sure that you understand before beginning. This will reset your firmware and return you back to stock, so back up the device. You also have a chance of bricking the phone, so make sure you understand what it's asking you to do before beginning. If this procedure does not fix your problems, then the water damage is too significant.

[Guide] LG G3 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Sto… | LG G3 | XDA Forums

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
If the indicator is red you have no warranty protection. Zilch. I don't think your arguments will get any traction from AT&T. Contact LG directly - and be extra nice.

Unblood

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I plan to call LG, yeah. I don't want to reset until I pull all my pictures off at least.