Button to send a call straight to voice mail?

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
On my old Galaxy S3 you could send a call straight to voice mail by pressing the down volume button. Does the G3 have a similar feature? I get 3 or 4 calls a day that I don't recognize and instead of just ignoring them, if I could send them to voice mail to see if they are legit enough to leave a message. I have Mr. Number because I do get other spam calls and I also get those unblockable numbers like 0000000 or 43 or something like that.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try the red button instead of the green answering button when a call comes in. That sends the call to VM.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it 'hangups' the call and it goes to voicemail. I do that a lot

I've been doing that too but I've always thought it just disconnects the call. But if it does send them to voicemail I guess that proves the calls have been nothing but junk since I haven't gotten any voicemails from any of them.

But I guess there's no effective way to block those odd numbers like 0000000, 43, 043, etc.?

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
What I did was set up a "Contact" named "Spam" - if I'm getting calls from a telemarketer or robocall etc. I simply save their number to the contact "Spam". In the options menu for this contact I simply check the box "All calls to voice mail" - they don't even ring - ez pz lemon squeezy.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
What I did was set up a "Contact" named "Spam" - if I'm getting calls from a telemarketer or robocall etc. I simply save their number to the contact "Spam". In the options menu for this contact I simply check the box "All calls to voice mail" - they don't even ring - ez pz lemon squeezy.

Hey that's cool. Thanks so much for this. Should make my life a lot easier since they would call early on weekend mornings sometime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia