My LG G3 eats battery power like the ghosts devour Pac-Man. The phone is constantly being charged. A fully-charged battery even using power saver, lasts for about 20 photos or 5 or 6 postings to Facebook. Is this normal? At least my old iPhone 5 lasted all day long on a fully charged battery. Why does this model use so much power? I guess I must carry a spare battery or 2. I see others around me with their screens on all day long & they never have to worry about losing power. Also, the phone often turns the screen on by itself when being moved or carried in its case. Do others have complaints about this model? In the reviews, nothing was mentioned about battery usage.
    06-16-2015 10:45 AM
    My LG G3 eats battery power like the ghosts devour Pac-Man. The phone is constantly being charged. A fully-charged battery even using power saver, lasts for about 20 photos or 5 or 6 postings to Facebook. Is this normal? At least my old iPhone 5 lasted all day long on a fully charged battery. Why does this model use so much power? I guess I must carry a spare battery or 2. I see others around me with their screens on all day long & they never have to worry about losing power. Also, the phone often turns the screen on by itself when being moved or carried in its case. Do others have complaints about this model? In the reviews, nothing was mentioned about battery usage.
    Sounds like something's wrong with your phone, but without specifics, it'd be pretty hard to troubleshoot. How long is "20 photos or 5 or 6 posting to Facebook"? Most will get a good 2-3 hours of what we call SOT. Stands for Screen On Time and usually up to 16+ hours of standby time. Go into the battery and see what is "eating your ghosts". You could have a rough app, or it might be a bad battery, or a bad phone. At any case, more information is needed.
    06-16-2015 11:52 AM