HELP - LG G3 goes blank after failing to flash. How can I fix it?

A

AC Question

HELP - LG G3 goes blank after failing to flash

I tried to root my phone to factory setting because for some reason my phone went of and wont start up and keep flashing on/off. I tried using the stock ROM, but failed. Now the phone wont go to download mode as I wanted to flash again, it only shows the LG logo and goes off after like 3 seconds. Is there anyway that i can this phone work again?
Thanks

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: HELP - LG G3 goes blank after failing to flash

Can you hold down the power button and the volume down button until you see the recovery screen? You may have to let go of power once you see the LG screen and then press it again, depending on your model.

You should pull the battery, wait, and then put it back in and try again.

Deeeno

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
thanks. I tried, it goes directly to the firmware update page. but when I try to flash it, it seems like the phone wont connect to the computer and display says something about "user B0" :(

Last edited:

Deeeno

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

it is the correct driver. I used .tot file instead of .kdz. is it different? I bought the phone overseas and it is European.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

it is the correct driver. I used .tot file instead of .kdz. is it different? I bought the phone overseas and it is European.
Both methods should work, they are just different slightly. I have not seen the error you're describing, though. I'm not sure what might be wrong. Bad download of the image? Bad hardware possibly? It is hard to say, I wasn't able to find error codes for that software.

You're absolutely sure you have the right image for the right model phone?

Deeeno

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I am sure. The phone is D855 (16GB). I think the problem now is the phone wont connect to the computer and I have tried reinstalling the driver over and over again. Still the computer doesn't recognize the the connection.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Yes, I am sure. The phone is D855 (16GB). I think the problem now is the phone wont connect to the computer and I have tried reinstalling the driver over and over again. Still the computer doesn't recognize the the connection.

Do you have any other machine to test it on? It sounds like the phone might be savable, once we get over the connection issue.

Deeeno

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

I think that's the major problem for now. Every time I connect to the computer, the screen goes directly to that firmware update page. I haven't tried on another computer yet, I will try it on my friend's I will let you know!

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Put your phone into download mode by disconnecting the USB cable and powering it off, leave for a few seconds then while holding VOLUME UP insert the USB cable into the phone, this will enable DOWNLOAD MODE at which point the LG flash tool should be able to connect to the device - you'll know when it has because you'll see a COM port displayed along with an activity window.

Deeeno

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

I have tried on other computer, I finally able to flash until it says "pass" after the screen shows "3" I pull the battery out and put back in, the phone wont start when I turn it on sometimes it is stuck in LG logo mode, and sometimes wont start at all.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Check your Windows drivers for your device and make sure you're using the stock image that's appropriate for it.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

I have tried on other computer, I finally able to flash until it says "pass" after the screen shows "3" I pull the battery out and put back in, the phone wont start when I turn it on sometimes it is stuck in LG logo mode, and sometimes wont start at all.

I just recently flashed my phone back to stock because I needed to get the thing replaced under warranty.

The end of my process I received the same message as you did. However, when i start the phone up it works without issues. Perhaps there still is an issue with connectivity, but if you see the LG Flash tool doing stuff after hitting the Go button... then it must be moving the data over. If that is the case, then I would suspect again the tot you are pushing might be corrupt or incorrect for some reason.

If you do not see the activity after hitting Go.. then check to see if the LG Modem Device MTP driver is showing cannot start or some other such problem. I've ran into this before and resolved it with a driver update.

EDIT: here is the file that helped me connect my device: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr0706jwbyye5dd/mtppk12.exe?dl=0