LG3 New system update available from T-Mobile

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
After last months problematic release of Lollipop; T-Mobile has now come up with a patched update. I am curious to hear what users say after installing it. I won't download my self until I hear what the results were.:-\

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Fixed my wifi calling issues completely. It's always working now whenever I'm in wifi. It didn't however fix my issue of connecting to their network whenever I leave the wifi area. I have done multiple back up/resets and also called Tmobile and they have no idea what the issue is. He keeps saying it's just a weak signal where I live so the phone has trouble finding a signal but I don't think that's it. About 75% of the time when I leave home I have no signal. The bars are blank and there is a circle spinning above it. I have to restart the phone and I almost always immediately have full 4G bars. I don't move, the weather doesn't change, just a restart gets me hooked back up. I just hate doing this multiple times a day because every time I restart, I don't get notifications from apps until I open them once so I miss quite a few things. Anyway they seemed to be so fixated on the wifi calling issue that they didn't really care about other things. On the forums on Tmobile's site they keep telling me not to be mad at Tmobile because it's on LG but if my car breaks down, I contact the dealer, not Subaru in Japan so I am pissed at Tmobile. I have had a phone that is just a pain to use since this broke *** Lollipop update. What I don't get is the phone worked flawlessly on Kitkat so why not give us the option to revert back untill stuff is worked out?

Angry_Mushroom

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I guess I'm lucky. Second day on 5.0.1 on my G3, and no issues yet. I won't say the phone runs any better, but the design updates are a nice touch. Battery life seems largely unimpaired, but I'll return here next week when I have a better daily driving schedule in place. Two days isn't quite a good metric.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Ignored! My G3 us working flawlessly since day one, no overheating, strongest signal I have ever had(take notes Samsung) and my battery life is staggering so much so that the spare battery is collecting dust. I'll wait for lollipop whenever I get a new phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

bonemd1

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
So many problems with this one. WHY did T-Mobile not try this in BETA first? Aside from battery life which dropped even after several days use to about 60% of what it was before on my LG3, WI-FI phone connection is highly unreliable. Even though LG3 identifies a Wi-FI system, and signs in, the little phone symbol won't come up. Disconnect and connect. Turn phone on and off. Finally it connects. BUT THEN it disconnects and you never know it. So you miss calls, messages, etc. If you are in a fringe area and depend on WI-FI, or a building that has poor cell signals, or live high up in a high rise, you are screwed. You can't use your phone. Unless you check all the time that the little phone symbol is on the top line, and when it goes off, repeat everything... phone on and off. Disconnect reconnect to Wi FI system.. Makes MY cell service useless. Since update have missed many important calls, and it has cost me big bucks. SHAME SHAME SHAME on T-Mobile for allowing this update out and telling me to install it on my phone without first finding out in BETA that it does not work on the LG3. After 15 or more calls with T-Mobile IT support, doing a master reset, changing the SIMM card, and everything between, I bailed. No more LG3 for me. Real shame. It was a nice phone.

bonemd1

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Please see my posted comments. T-Mobile blames LG. Give me a break. The upgrade came from T-Mobile. Why send out the upgrade if you don't to a BETA trial. And who knows REALLY why wi fi calling will not work with the upgrade. I say shame on T-Mobile, and I got rid of my LG3. bonemd1

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I don't get the whole blaming LG thing. I mean I get it but if my car has an issue, I contact the dealer I bought it from, not Subaru in Japan. I also don't get how so many are still having issues now but they had none running Kitkat so why not give them the option to downdate? Is it so hard to do? Is it Google that wants to keep their stats up? I'm pretty frustrated with the whole situation. These phones aren't cheap and now I hear I will have to just deal with the problems until they jump up to whatever the M update will be. Meanwhile I read about these much older phones like the G2 getting 5.1 and I feel like I may be done with LG and Tmobile whenever I can afford to.

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Call T-mo and ask for a replacement device on Kitkat. I got one a few weeks ago and I am so happy I did. Works great again. I'll put up with the older OS (and the persistent notifications of the software update) at least for awhile.

Angry_Mushroom

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Well... quick update time I suppose. A month or so later... No issues to report. My Android L update is running just fine with no notable impact on battery life, and no real change in operating temps which remain quite toasty. I've gotten used to the UI updates, and find the device to be largely just as speedy as before.

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I finally decided to upgrade to Lollipop. I grew weary of the constant reminder to update on my screen. Phone is onl;y 4 months old on Tmobile
My update went smooth and at first I was very happy with Lollipop. I did a factory reset and then wiped the cache. Problems with WiFi calling started about 48 hours after I first updated. First my WiFi worked great in locations that also worked well on KitKat. Then, maybe an hour later WIFI calling stopped working. Turned on and off and then back on. It worked for another few minutes before wifi calling error messages started popping up. Then, I noticed I had voicemail messages according to the icon on the screen. I checked, no messages and yet that icon was still indicating the opposite. Screen started to flash purple on and off so I shut phone down. I turned back on 15 minutes later and the icon was now gone for voicemail but still no WiFi calling. When I got home my Wifi calling worked ok as long as I was 15 feet from the router. I thought about rooting phone to go back to KitKat but decided I will give Lollipop another week and see if it continues to work ok. One thing I do notice is battery drains quicker. I am not sure of a workaround for this. Definitely not happy with T mobile customer service!