Why doesn't my standard music app on my LG G3 see mp3's in the Music Folder?

Vegito Gogeta

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Standard music app on LG G3 doesn't see mp3's in Music Folder

I'm new here and saw a lot of these threads, but i couldn't solve it. So here goes.

I downloaded mp3 files, put them in LG PC Suite and transfered them to my G3 and when I open the standard music app (the purple square) it doesn't see the mp3's. So I looked for them in my file manager and saw all of them stored in the LG PC Suite Folder. Even after transfering the mp3's to the Music Folder the music app didn't see the mp3's. Does anyone have an answer for me, i've been looking for 3 straight days now.

I did use PowerAmp which works great. But I'd still like to use the standard music app which i find easier to use.

Thank you in advance for the replies.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Re: Standard music app on LG G3 doesn't see mp3's in Music Folder

I'd like to know this too before I transfer music over. I just got the lollipop update yesterday and have been trying it out. Everything is gravy so far. Perhaps I will give it a go and see if I experience the same issues.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Standard music app on LG G3 doesn't see mp3's in Music Folder

Media apps don't look at files (they'd take forever to load if each one had to scan the whole phone for files every time you ran one), they look in the media database to see what's there.

The Media Scan app (which creates the database) runs when you start or restart the phone, when you do a media thing (take a picture, record a video, etc.) or run an app like media.Re.Scan. It doesn't run when you copy or move files. So either install media.Re.Scan and run it after copying files or restart the phone after copying files.