Hey all,

So ever since I updated to Lollipop in March (I'm with MTS) my Bluetooth audio with my pioneer double din stereo in my truck only works for about it a minute and a half then the signal seems to go weak and it gets really choppy and skips really bad. If I pause the song and wait 30 seconds itll sound fine again but only for about another minute and a half. Bluetooth audio works fine with my little Bluetooth speaker. Anyone else ever had this?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-17-2015 09:41 AM
    I should add that I've tried resetting the phone, turning WiFi off, and disconnecting and reconnecting my phone to this stereo.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-17-2015 09:51 AM
    Hello AustinHans

This seems to be a Lollipop problem afflicting a number of different devices including LG, Samsung and HTC phones. Hopefully it will be fixed in Lollipop 5.1 or M - whichever is released first.

What app are you using for music?

Poweramp has a number of settings which may help reducing the stutter issue.

In Audio Advanced Tweaks I have set Audio Buffer Size to +750ms, Audio Thread Priority to Highest and set Headset/Bluetooth to High Priority. These settings have greatly reduced the occurrence of any stutter on my G3.
    07-20-2015 10:08 AM
    Hello AustinHans

This seems to be a Lollipop problem afflicting a number of different devices including LG, Samsung and HTC phones. Hopefully it will be fixed in Lollipop 5.1 or M - whichever is released first.

What app are you using for music?

Poweramp has a number of settings which may help reducing the stutter issue.

In Audio Advanced Tweaks I have set Audio Buffer Size to +750ms, Audio Thread Priority to Highest and set Headset/Bluetooth to High Priority. These settings have greatly reduced the occurrence of any stutter on my G3.
    I've tried setting the Audio Buffer Size to +750, and every other option on there and it still stutters after 30 seconds of Bluetooth playback. This problem started when I updated to Lollipop. I did a factory reset, and that did make the phone more smooth, but the bluetooth audio problem still exists.

Will rooting and flashing a custom rom fix this problem? If its a custom rom based on lolipop, will it most likely still cause the problem?

Thanks
    07-27-2015 11:20 AM