Why isn't my LG G3 charging with the original charger anymore?

A

AC Question

LG G3 Charging issue

Hi there, I have a problem with my LG G3 and I would like to ask if you can help me. About two weeks ago the phone died when the battery ran flat and when I tried to charge it with the original charger it wouldn't charge, so I connected it to the pc and after several hours it started charging again. The only problem is that it only charges at a very slow rate now, both via pc and via wall charger(Original 1.8A and even a 2.4A one), by slow rate I mean it takes around 30 hours to charge from 0 to 100%. Having said that, the phone only seems to charge when it is first switched off. When I plug the phone to charger it does not detect it unless i first switch it off and only then it detects it and start charging. If i switch it back on when the charger is attached it still shows me that is charging but if I receive a message or two the battery starts draining all the same. I tried to change chargers/chords and i also did a factory reset and it didn't help. I now bought a new battery and it still didn't solve the problem. What I am suspecting is that the phone is stuck in slow charging mode that prevents fast charging when the battery is completely flat. Also if I try connecting the phone to the pc via usb, although it charges(after switching it off), the pc does not detect it.

Can someone please help!!

Regards

Christian

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G3 Charging issue

Welcome to AC.

Perhaps the connector inside the USB port is damaged?

Posted via the Android Central App

Christian Grech

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

The usb goes in without a problem and it locks in, i mean it's not loose, from what I can see visually there is nothing bent or anything. The odd thing is it started doing this after a full battery drain, but changing the battery didn't help. I also just downloaded one of those fast charge apps to see if it makes any difference, but the funny thing is that the app is saying that the charger is unplugged while it plugged.. and then when you check the battery status of the phone it shows that its charging.

Christian

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Try not to let battery go "flat". Recharge when it hits 15%. Close all open apps before putting phone on charger... (touch square, clear all).

DattEagle

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Type in (without quotations) "5V 2A AU EU US Plug USB Power AC Wall Charger Adapter For iPhone 6 6G Smart Phone" into eBay search, it should be the first auction with 3 photos (one of the photos looks slightly purple)
Looking at buying it to replace my OEM charger as its from another country and needs an adaptor :/ Will this charger charge it just as fast?? This charger is 5v 2.0a. I'm asking this because I bought a 5v 2.4a charger and it charged so slow it took 5Hrs to reach 100% from 30%. Will this one be the same? Or will it charge just as fast as it the OEM.
Cheers :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't know that the amperage will make much difference, if any. If the battery is taking that long to charge with your present charger, there's something wrong somewhere....possibly with the charger.
Is the new charger for your G3 or do you have an iPhone 6?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay