I recently sold my S6, and bought a Lg G3 running Kit Kat on Verizon towers for Straight Talk. My question is should, I be bothered "upgrading" to lollipop?

I've heard nothing but complaints about the Verizon 5.01 version currently on the G3. That bothers me a bit.... Another thing to consider is since I am using S/T instead of Verizon directly, I have to manually load the upgrade myself and I am not getting bothered with constant upgrade messages. (which would drive me crazy if it were happening)

I happen to love this phone as is and just wanted to see what actual before and after users have to say. I may wait until the next update hits being 5.1 or the rumored "M" update matters not.

Advice? Thoughts? Anyone actually happy with the Lollipop upgrade?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-09-2015 04:46 PM
    I happen to love this phone as is...
    I think you answered your own question.

...and just wanted to see what actual before and after users have to say.
    Why care what other people think? If it works the way you want it too then why change?

If my Moto X would suddenly revert back to KitKat tomorrow it wouldn't bother me a bit.
    08-09-2015 04:58 PM
    Lollipop does have some improvements, but also a lot of niggles I just can't live with. My main gripe is the interface. Kitkat runs very smoothly on my Note 4 and I will never upgrade it to any version of LP unless the interface is customizable.

Please note that if you upgrade to "official" LP, and get all the updates, you will never be able to revert to KK. Verizon and ATT have updated the bootloader to prevent downgrading.

Decide wisely!
    08-09-2015 05:44 PM
    I have used lollipop on the Galaxy s6 and had no problems whatsoever. TouchWiz however was not my friend.

Anyway I see the point.... If it's not broke why fix it. I didn't like that Lollipop game anyway... LoL

08-09-2015 07:03 PM
    I really like Kitkat. I like the phone dialer with it's number separators, contacts and menus with it's separations, etc. So much blank white space in LP looks very unappealing to me. I also like the fact that the video modes are readily accessible without having to navigate to a separate menu. Also, the "floating" icons bugged me because it blocks long names in my contacts. Who wants to scroll just to see information that's hidden from view by these icons? Also, because I'm older, my eyes can't deal with low contrast, thus when they changed the color of the quick menu and went to a lighter teal color, the low contrast of white lettering on the lighter background made it harder for me to read the letters. I'm guessing that younger people (probably those who decided on changing the color) wouldn't have this issue. Nothing was wrong with the dark teal!

There are many more dislikes about LP, but these are the main ones. I will stay with KK for as long as I can and by the time I have to upgrade my phone, they'll have gone beyond "M".
    08-09-2015 08:17 PM
    Another vote for "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". It's hard for me to not have the latest OS version - I've rooted my phones for years in part so I could handle my own upgrades and ride the bleeding edge. However, I've been so happy with KK on my G3 I have zero motivation to upgrade. I will eventually - once I hear the way is clear. I've not heard anything about 5.0+ that improves what I have now - I've only heard of options and features being taken away and a downgrade in battery life and overall experience.

Stick with the Kit Kat - it really works well on the G3 and unless there is a crazy security fix that won't be coming the 4.4 just use your phone and enjoy.
    08-10-2015 08:54 AM

Stick with the Kit Kat - it really works well on the G3 and unless there is a crazy security fix that won't be coming the 4.4 just use your phone and enjoy.

I was like you a while back. I remember losing my mind because I just had to have Ice Cream Sandwich. It got so bad I paid full retail price for a Verizon Galaxy Nexus just to get it. Not the best decision I ever made. After about a month of ICS I realized that the difference it had with Gingerbread wasn't worth 399.00.... LoL

Lesson learned. I am completely happy with Kk and won't be updating anytime soon.

Thanks for the replies

08-10-2015 12:41 PM