No word that I've seen that LG is dealing with the stagefright exploit. I did notice, however, that Textra (my default) has worked it into their latest app update. Is there anything else that might need to be done to protect my device from the exploit or is it just this simple?:

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-26-2015 09:33 AM
    Just stop your messaging app from getting MMS messages automatically.

LG is working on a Stagefright patch and should be coming out soon.
    08-26-2015 09:43 AM
    It is highly unlikely that this exploit will affect your device. I wouldn't worry about it, mostly this was a media pr frenzy and nothing more.
    08-26-2015 12:35 PM
    I'm worried about it only for one reason. My company's IT department just rolled out a notice that they will block devices that access our network if they have not been patched. And the real kick in the pants is... They actually had the audacity to recommend people switch to iPhones! WTH?! I think not! But really, they had better patch this soon before my day to day work comes to a screeching halt.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-26-2015 05:48 PM
    I'm worried about it only for one reason. My company's IT department just rolled out a notice that they will block devices that access our network if they have not been patched. And the real kick in the pants is... They actually had the audacity to recommend people switch to iPhones! WTH?! I think not! But really, they had better patch this soon before my day to day work comes to a screeching halt.
    I do not think they have the ability to do that, unless they have a pretty cunning IT department. That would be difficult to enforce.
    08-27-2015 08:50 AM
    I do not think they have the ability to do that, unless they have a pretty cunning IT department. That would be difficult to enforce.
    With some of the permissions you give when you set up an Exchange account on your phone, it seems like there's the ability for them to basically take down your phone if they choose to.
    08-27-2015 01:23 PM
    Just show them the Textra menu and tell them to back off lol
    Attached Thumbnails Stagefright and LG-1440709613785.jpg  
    Hypnotoadd likes this.
    08-27-2015 04:07 PM
    With some of the permissions you give when you set up an Exchange account on your phone, it seems like there's the ability for them to basically take down your phone if they choose to.
    Oh, I know all about it. But to be able to sense for Stagefright vulnerabilities would be tricky.
    08-27-2015 04:21 PM
    Or just get a company phone and have them shell out money for a company phone and line. My phone, my control. I wouldn't let my company control my phone. If they bought me that phone and pay for my bill then that's a different story.
    08-30-2015 10:04 PM
    Or just get a company phone and have them shell out money for a company phone and line. My phone, my control. I wouldn't let my company control my phone. If they bought me that phone and pay for my bill then that's a different story.
    It protects the company from malicious attacks. There is far more at stake with company information than with someone open to Stagefreight, I assure you.
    08-31-2015 03:41 PM
    It protects the company from malicious attacks. There is far more at stake with company information than with someone open to Stagefreight, I assure you.
    I know but I keep my work stuff on my work phone and personal stuff on my personal phone. But if a company paid for my phone and bill then I will do what they ask.
    09-01-2015 11:55 AM
    Just got the notification this morning of an update to deal with the Stagefright exploit.
    Hypnotoadd and belodion like this.
    10-02-2015 08:13 AM