11-01-2018 07:02 PM
135 12345 ...
tools
    I have the same problem. I updated to Marshmallow some time ago (so sorry but Marshmallow won't fix this) and have like 6 batteries, some original and some from TrendOn and the problem happens with all of them. So I'm sorry loop6719 but it's not the battery it's the LG G3. I'm not buying LG again. First it shut down on its own without my knowledge and now this...
    kmbook25 likes this.
    03-11-2016 03:22 PM
    I had factory reset my phone and within a day it restarted by itself. This was on Tuesday. On Wednesday I bought a new battery and even that did not work. Wednesday night I downloaded LG PC Suite onto my desktop from the lg website and once I "repaired upgrade errors" through the program, my phone has not restarted since. 2 days is a record for my phone lately. To anyone having trouble with this, I urge you to definitely download that program.
    Luca RobMo likes this.
    03-11-2016 09:59 PM
    I have a problem with my LG G3..two days ago it just froze and I tried to take off battery but it didnt turn on again. It just showed on screen LG welcoming logo...so I found out how to hard reboot my phone...I did it and its just still rebooting with that green android logo and nothing happening...its rebooting like 15 hours and when I tried to take battery out and put it back and turn on it just keep rebooting. I dont know what to do.I dont have a warranty anymore.
    03-12-2016 10:07 AM
    We've all been LG'd
    03-12-2016 09:48 PM
    Unfortunately I've also tried many of the suggestions above as well. New battery, factory reset, cache wipe, etc. I recently installed Cyanogenmod 12.1 as a last resort. And while it seemed to have reduced the the time between reboots, it did not eliminate the problem. I personally think its a hardware defect of some sort. Just my 2 cents. And like others, this started after about a year of owning the phone.
    Mohammad Rezar likes this.
    03-14-2016 02:28 PM
    This issue just started happening to my LG G3 over the last 2 weeks. I've had my LG G3 for exactly 15 months and all of a sudden it started cycling endlessly and if it did get to my locked screen and i tried to unlock it it would just restart again.

I found that when I plugged in the device to a wall charger or high power power brick, it would halt the reboots but otherwise it would get stuck in an endless cycle of partial reboots (when it did stop after plugging in, I would find all my apps still open and waiting for me, so they weren't real power cycles).

One of my coworkers has a newer LG G3, so we swapped batteries and immediately he had the cycling issue on his phone and with his battery in my phone the issue vanished.

On closer inspection, my battery was a few months past its expiration (FYI to anyone with a LG G3 - your battery will expire more or less exactly as its warranty protection does!), so went and bought a new battery and everything is fine now.

For those of you who have tried replacing the battery and find it still occurs, another coworker said his wife had a similar issue on a different device and it was resolved by having the power button replaced, so it is possible that this could be a factor also and you should have your phone sent in for inspection/repair.

Hope this is helpful for some of you.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    03-16-2016 08:13 AM
    If any phone is powering off randomly- First try a battery, preferrably one from a phone that you know is properly functioning battery. If that doesn't work you could try re flashing. If that doesn't work than it is a hardware issue not related the battery. I suspect many of you have shorted power buttons. Try replacing the top half of the back frame. It is cheap and easy if you have a small phillips screw driver.
    03-16-2016 09:26 AM
    I have the same problem, took it t the store yesterday, they've reset the factory settings, but it still same..
    Kindly advice
    03-21-2016 02:30 AM
    I had the same restart issues on two LG G3s.

The first unit started to restart loop almost out of the box. I suspected the battery since the boot loop stopped when connected to charger. I changed the battery from the other unit, which was OK at that time.
    The issue followed the battery. So definitely a faulty battery. The seller sent me another battery.
    Problem solved.....

...no it was not. After 3 months the second unit started to do the same. And again it was the same battery issue. This time I took a more analytic approach on this case.

I put thin copper wires to + and - terminals on phone and hooked a multimeter respectively. I inserted the battery on phone and put it on. At first the voltage was okay, about 3.7V. But while the phone was restarting, the voltage suddenly dropped to 3V. At the same moment the phone restarted. And the cycle were repeated.

Li-Ion battery will be destroyed, if the voltage drops too much. That's why Li-ion batteries usually has a small control board to preventing them from discharging completely.
    I discovered that the battery (before this control board) itself was outputting correct voltage. It was the control board which failed to deliver current causing the voltage to drop.

It looked like the + terminal of the battery was just glued to the control board. I believe that the contact is not perfect and fails to support the high peak of current resulting plummet on voltage and unit restart.

I bypassed the bad contact by soldering a small piece of wire from battery terminal to control board.
    No restarts ever since.

I had two "bad" batteries and this way I fixed them both.

LG must have some design fault or bad batch of batteries since lot of similar complains can be found on internet
    thef0rtress and Ol Macca like this.
    03-22-2016 08:55 PM
    I had same problem few months ago. Got a new battery, problem gone.

But few days ago, same problem again. And I noticed it only happens if I use one of my older, non lg charger.
    Problem gone.
    03-27-2016 12:29 PM
    My phone randomly started rebooting itself constantly (when not charging).

Some things I tried:
    1. Factory reset the phone, turned off Mobile Data and all updates right away. I also did NOT put in an Account into the phone. Phone was on for 4 hours with only 20% battery drained and absolutely no sign of glitches or upcoming restarts.
    2. First, I turned on Mobile Data, also absolutely no problems, phone working fine, battery drainage is normal.
    3. Then, I clicked "Add Account" and made sure that "Automatic Sync" was OFF, within 2-3 seconds of clicking "Done" after I entered my email account, the phone started doing reboots non-stop until I would plug it in. The moment I take it begins doing constant restart loops until battery completely dies.

Fun fact: my other phone (Nexus 5) also was discarded the same way. At some point it started randomly doing non-stop restarts. I actually still have it but haven't used it for this reason.

Is there a virus on my email account? I will try using a different account... Any ideas? It might be the battery but just a week ago it was fine! No problems whatsoever! It seems that it is NOT the battery (even though many say it is) because with no email plugged in and mobile data turned on (receiving texts, calls no problem) the phone is 100% fine.

PS The SYNC was OFF!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    03-29-2016 06:30 AM
    Hey, I just read your answer, I got stuck too, I was wondering how went your problem with your lg g3? Has it passed the 2 days record or just went boot loop again?
    I already done the same way you did it, reset factory, stock firmware kit kat... but my g3 keeps booting? so I ask you, could be my battery? Please help me
    04-04-2016 02:41 PM

I bypassed the bad contact by soldering a small piece of wire from battery terminal to control board.
    No restarts ever since.
    Can you post pictures with a bit more of a how to please?

Thanks!
    Luca RobMo likes this.
    04-05-2016 08:06 AM
    Hey, I just read your answer, I got stuck too, I was wondering how went your problem with your lg g3? Has it passed the 2 days record or just went boot loop again?
    I already done the same way you did it, reset factory, stock firmware kit kat... but my g3 keeps booting? so I ask you, could be my battery? Please help me
    Have you tried buying another battery?
    04-06-2016 06:34 AM
    Have you tried buying another battery?
    Yes I have, the guy of the store told "its not your battery, its about the firmware" he also tried a new one but my g3 bootloop again... so idk if buy a new one or what?
    Thanks for your reply!
    04-06-2016 03:27 PM
    Two types of problem have been seen in this rebooting issue. Let's generalize
    1. If device boots successfully/comes out from booting loop after connecting with an original charger, that most probably is a battery issue. LG G3 battery seems having problem if it gets charged by other non-lg/builtin- car chargers. better to have Bank/traveler charger ( I faced myself the same - problem is out so far since last two days).

2. if device gets rebooted/hanged-up while working/playing some heavy tasks/games... just do the same process while connecting it with charger to rule out the battery. if it's still same then it could be a firmware or device circuit/board problem (as highlighted in this forum). could be if device is being dropped down on ground couple of times. replacing the device would be a permanent option.
    04-29-2016 04:17 AM
    Not sure if this is the answer for everyone with this issue but....

I have 2 G3's. The comes to me the other day saying hers keeps rebooting.

After several hours of dinking around and trying to do a factory reset, I realize that it stops rebooting when it is plugged into the laptop.

So, I pop out the battery and switch it with mine.

BAM, Now her phone works fine and mine reboots every time I turn my back unless I have it plugged into a power source.

Even though it says the battery is 100% it is dead. . Ordered 2 new ones off amazon for 11 bucks, be here Monday

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-29-2016 03:55 PM
    Gentlemen! i have found the solution to frequent shutting down / restarting of LG G3 D855.
    Background:
    My LG G3 D855, Middle Eastern Version was shutting down by itself. This behavior was more frequent, just once i dialed any number, or when there was an incoming call. When i connected the headphone and screen went blank, then i could hear "ticktictick" sound in the headphones, which meant that the phone is not 100 percent dead. Then it could not be restarted, unless the remove the battery and press the power button for few seconds then insert the battery and turn it ON. Certain times, it acted like getting restarted by itself. and one day it started this behavior from 8 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon. I tried all means, resetting and all, but the problem prevailed. Finally getting frustrated, i decided to throw this into a dustbin.

Fix:
    Before going to throw away my LG G3 into dustbin, i wanted to try rooting and Custom Rom stuff.
    I tried the "one click rooting method", but the phone could not bee rooted.
    Then i tried method [GUIDE][ROOT] Newest Root Method for LG devi… | LG G3

Before doing custom ROM, i wanted to see behavior of rooted phone. Luckily it never restarted or shut down after rooting was done.
    i am happy now,and it worked perfectly for me. Only rooting worked.
    05-02-2016 04:00 PM
    It's the battery itself!!

Can you post pictures with a bit more of a how to please?

Thanks!
    Here are some pics how I fixed the battery issue.
    The plus terminal connection is bad so I just soldered a jumper across. Check my earlier post for details.

You need to peel off the plastic tape and flip off the cover on top.
    Its fairly easy to remove. After removal the to cover, you'll see the tiny control boars as in pictures. If you lift it slightly, you'll see on middle section how the plus terminal is glued on control board. If you pull if more, the terminal will peel off from control board. And here is where I soldered the piece of wire. You ll see the wire on pictures.
    Note..if you have tools and skills to do this..be aware that the terminal is plus..if the wire touched the metal body, it will cause a short.

How can I stop my LG G3 from restarting constantly?-dsc_0046.jpg
    How can I stop my LG G3 from restarting constantly?-5-3-2016-11-44-42-pm.jpg

I did this on two LG G3s. No restarts ever since.
    belodion, Ol Macca and kistbam like this.
    05-04-2016 12:56 AM
    Thanks for the explanation Marko Peltonen. I've bought a second battery but it only worked for 3 days.
    Right now I've got an opened battery. Next: someone near with soldering tools.
    How can I stop my LG G3 from restarting constantly?-battery-teardown.jpg
    05-09-2016 08:57 AM
    @Marko Peltonen are you still there?

I could not find anyone with a soldering tool, but I found a solution and a different explanation for why your soldered wire worked.
    The solution is not the tiny wire you soldered, but just the tin you use to fixate it. It doesn't even need to be tin. A piece of plastic will do too. Please check my post in this other topic and draw your own conclusion. I'd love to hear what you think.

SOLVED!
    belodion likes this.
    05-12-2016 10:48 AM
    On our second battery and LG 3 is doing same. First was right out of the box, started constant reboot in second week of life. Seller sent a new battery and it seemed to fix the issue. We are now 5 months out of the box and the phone is doing the same. Bought same phone for wife and daughter, I know their OS is different, the home page looks different. Factory reset did not fix. Has anyone found a fix or know what is really happening, what is causing the battery to go "bad?"
    05-19-2016 08:16 AM
    Yeah, I do. Just read the reply right before yours. The one that says SOLVED!.
    05-20-2016 04:18 AM
    I feel it isn't solely a battery problem, as i purchased a new battery and all worked fine for a while (maybe a couple of weeks) but then the problem started up again, i don't know if something is affecting the batteries in the phone but it is very annoying and i cannot keep buying a new battery every couple of weeks.

One thing for sure, i wont be buying another LG!
    I heard from my local mobile service guy that main cause of this issue is LG battery optimizer and battery just goes undervoltage. That causes phone to restart every time it starts to drain battery harder. Mine has 100% and constantly reboots. New battery is about 30€.
    Christi Davis likes this.
    05-24-2016 07:42 AM
    A new battery is about €15, and you could try this too:
    How can I stop my LG G3 from restarting constantly?-lg-g3-solving-bootloop-part-strip-square.jpg
    05-24-2016 05:58 PM
135 12345 ...